LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Avid Light Bar: How much for Line-X?????

Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
gt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: BT5
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Light Bar: How much for Line-X?????

How much have you guys paid for getting your Avid Light Bar coated with Line-X? I have been quoted $175 plus $60 to bolt it on my 2011 Tacoma. Does this seem reasonable?

What do you guys think?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
8 dollars for my Nfab light bar and my grill

Old 11-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Do NOT pay them to install...Install can't be easier...You just bolt the lightbar onto existing bolts on the bumper support. And like Zombie said above, just use Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner or something and it's much, much less. And you can touch up whenever you need to.

Matt
Old 11-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
WiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud of

Army: 12B Comabt Enginneer, OEF 11-12
Name: James
WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
Id use a couple coats of primer and then go over with bedliner. Thats my plan for when my light bar get in hopefully next week!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here is the texture from the rustoleum

Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
i spent $200 to get mine linex'd. Looking back on it, i wouldnt do it again cuz it's pretty hard to touch up, way to expensive for something that is going to be potentially scratched. Also that is 200 to get it linex'd, doesnt include sandblasting. Install it yourself. It is really really really really.....easy
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
skeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really nice

Name: Pete
skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
no need for 2 threads
Old 11-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
gt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of light
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
8 dollars for my Nfab light bar and my grill

Thanks guys. I just sanded mine down, primed it and gave it two coats of this stuff and it looks great. Now all I have to do is get it mounted.

Note the extra bar I had added.

PS: It should look good with my Devil Horns.
Attached Thumbnails
Avid Light Bar: How much for Line-X?????-avid-double-bar-.jpg   Avid Light Bar: How much for Line-X?????-avid-double-bar-1-.jpg   Avid Light Bar: How much for Line-X?????-devil-horns-.jpg   Avid Light Bar: How much for Line-X?????-horns-avid-l.-bar-.jpg  
Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 11-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40 View Post
Thanks guys. I just sanded mine down, primed it and gave it two coats of this stuff and it looks great. Now all I have to do is get it mounted.

Note the extra bar I had added.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
I like that extra bar, probably adds some sort of structural integrity to it. Makes it stronger.

And I used the rustoleum bed liner spray as well, really enjoyed it, but might be upgrading to something just a bit more durable, getting too many rock chips too easily on the light bar.

And OP, why do you keep saying you need to get it mounted? It is literally 4 14mm nuts, take them off, put the bar in place, reinstall the nuts. Done. It might make it easier to have someone there to help hold it, but thats about it.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #13
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
I am 68 years old and am not in to good a shape after a bad car accident. (it sucks getting old) If I could I'd do it, but I need an oil & filter change at the dealer so they will do it for me. This way it won't get it or me banged up trying to put it on.

I certainly will post some pictures as soon as it is mounted.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:29 AM   #14
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Well, that makes sense. Just make sure they don't over charge you. I wouldn't approve any more than .5 hr labor. If they dispute explain what I said previous. Good luck and look forward to some pics.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #15
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again guys. Hopefully I can have it put on tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #16
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
No mounting the Avid Light Bar today. Today is Black Friday and Mama wants to go shopping this morning and then at noon I take off to my deer hunting camp for the weekend. (WITHOUT MAMA)
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
Well here is what you asked for:

Just got back from the dealer where they did my free oil, filter and rotation. Then they mounted my new Avid Light Bar with the extra bar welded on. They charged me $52.50 for mounting it which I thought was reasonable.

What do you think of it and the $52.50?

gt40

PS: The two ends do not go past the sides of the Tacoma. It is an optical allusion of the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Avid Light Bar: How much for Line-X?????-horns-avid-l.-bar-.jpg  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Looks great, I love mine. And the $$$ was right where I expected, that should be 1/2 hr labor. Good deal bud.
It was 1/2 thanks Tech31.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40 View Post
Well here is what you asked for:

Just got back from the dealer where they did my free oil, filter and rotation. Then they mounted my new Avid Light Bar with the extra bar welded on. They charged me $52.50 for mounting it which I thought was reasonable.

What do you think of it and the $52.50?

gt40

PS: The two ends do not go past the sides of the Tacoma. It is an optical allusion of the picture.

I would have installed it for a sandwich, a glass of sweet tea, and a handshake

It looks good though