Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rear license plate light assemblies

Old 11-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
rear license plate light assemblies

Apparently my driver side license plate light melted the socket. It's enough that it blows new bulbs shortly after inserting them. I tried buying one online, but all the sent is the socket that twists into the lens assembly on the bumper, but mine is melted enough that I can't separate it from the wire harness on the truck.

I can't find this part anywhere! Not online (rockauto, amazon, ebay, toyota parts sites), not at the junk yard (not a single Tacoma in there), etc.

Does anyone know where I can get everything from the wire behind the bumper to the actual lens on the bumper? I'll cut and splice wires myself before I pay Toyota $120 to fix this issue.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced my rear bumper with an allpro so I will see if I kept the old lights. Can you send me a picture of the part you need
Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsdeere View Post
I replaced my rear bumper with an allpro so I will see if I kept the old lights. Can you send me a picture of the part you need
Cool, thanks man. I was wondering if people with after market bumpers replaced those lights or not.

Basically I need from the wires to the bulb. I'll try to get a picture of it tonight.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
Devout Atheist

This is what I need:

The whole damn thing from wires to the plastic assembly. One of the wires corroded out of the plastic plug, and melted some of it too.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
If the other guy does not have his I still have the driver side assembly. Just send me a PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what I have. PM sent.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
bcliff is on a distinguished road
bcliff's Tacoma Gallery
I need the passenger side light assembly

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat as piercedtiger and need the passenger side light assembly. If anybody has one laying around, I'd be happy to purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Here is what I have. PM sent.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Devout Atheist

I can't believe no one sells these damn things anywhere! You can replace head lights and tail lights, but not these....
Old 04-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I made a custom one with an led strip I plugged into the stock lights. My all pro didnt have light mounts.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
I have mine sitting here from the plug at the pigtail all the way to the lights (LED's) with covers if I can help out.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
I made a custom one with an led strip I plugged into the stock lights. My all pro didnt have light mounts.
This ^^^^^
Old 04-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ450MOE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
This ^^^^^

You guys have pics of your setups?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #13

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Its a white LED strip spliced in with 2 butt connectors and then zip tied on my tube bumper... It also could be stuck on with the peel n stick backing...
Old 04-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Drill the tailgate and use LED bolts.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
bcliff's Tacoma Gallery
sending PM

sending you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
I have mine sitting here from the plug at the pigtail all the way to the lights (LED's) with covers if I can help out.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Manic Mechanic
Hugh Morron is a jewel in the roughHugh Morron is a jewel in the roughHugh Morron is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
Hugh Morron's Tacoma Gallery
If you can get the bulb socket out of the light go to NAPA. They may be able to help you with a new bulb socket pigtail.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
bcliff's Tacoma Gallery
my problem is the wire has broken off from the socket right at the base. I've mangled the base trying to repair and solder.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I got a pic, now just have to fire up the craptop to get it in here
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #19

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #20
Devout Atheist

Thanks for the pics guys! I may end up doing that eventually since I want a rear plate bumper eventually too...