Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Valve Cover Gasket Leak?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #41
Senior Member
AlaskanTaco will become famous soon enough
 
AlaskanTaco's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2011, #63749
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 231
AlaskanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You do understand that in order to be ASE certified that you have to have a minimum of 2 years from a reputable shop sign you off and verify.... Right? Also, as far as the stochiometric. Wtf, are you talking about +-2? It is nothing other then how the engine articulates its timing for the injectors and spark on newer vehicles. Mainly seen them on Lexus and GM.


Also, if something is wrong with your Harley, the only thing I'm going to tell you is, "It's a Harley. That's your problem." The only reason why you run away from ASE is because you are afraid someone will show you up? Sorry to tell you this. But, Carburetors are junk, and you are just pissed off because your PCV doesn't dump into the atmosphere anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #42
Senior Member
AlaskanTaco will become famous soon enough
 
AlaskanTaco's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2011, #63749
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 231
AlaskanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Correction: Lexus and Cadillacs is the only thing I have seen them on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #43
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
DoorDing's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2012, #86445
Posts: 15,163
DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanTaco View Post
But, Carburetors are junk, and you are just pissed off because your PCV doesn't dump into the atmosphere anymore.
Thanks for spelling carburetor correctly.
Let the games continue ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #44
Senior Member
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rich91710's Avatar
Name: Rich
Joined: Feb 2012, #73470
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,682
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanTaco View Post
You do understand that in order to be ASE certified that you have to have a minimum of 2 years from a reputable shop sign you off and verify.... Right? Also, as far as the stochiometric. Wtf, are you talking about +-2? It is nothing other then how the engine articulates its timing for the injectors and spark on newer vehicles. Mainly seen them on Lexus and GM.


Also, if something is wrong with your Harley, the only thing I'm going to tell you is, "It's a Harley. That's your problem." The only reason why you run away from ASE is because you are afraid someone will show you up? Sorry to tell you this. But, Carburetors are junk, and you are just pissed off because your PCV doesn't dump into the atmosphere anymore.
Look bucko.

I've been twisting wrenches since 1967.
I'm only 50.

I'm GLAD that carbs are a thing of the past, and I'm glad that my crankcase ventilation system doesn't cover my engine with an oily mist.

I run from ASE because they have done stupid things such as:

'91 Ford Escort trans blew up. Got it back, car was getting 20mpg (was getting 35 before) and was not shifting right. "Tech" told me that I was lucky, his Ranger only got 18. Service manager told me to pound sand because the OBDS didn't report any problems. Trans blew up AGAIN, fixed again, tech wrote on the paperwork that it appeared that I had done a neutral-drop. I refused to sign the paperwork. Funny funny... car was back to 35mpg.

Left the radiator cap for my '94 Toyota pickup on the distributor after changing the exhaust manifold. I found it after seeing steam after crossing a 5000ft pass.

After performing a brake recall on my wife's '00 Echo, doing SOMETHING wrong that resulted in the inner brake pad separating from the caliper.

Having my wife's '04 Rav4 for 3 weeks trying to troubleshoot a CEL. Finally swapping ECUs. When we got it back, missing items included the lower engine cover, 3 ground wires, and the battery compartment cover retaining clips.

Her Rav, my '03 Tundra and '06 Silverado have not been back to an "ASE" service point since and wowee... haven't had a lick of trouble with any of them doing the work myself including the timing belt on the Tundra's 4.7
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #45
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
DoorDing's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2012, #86445
Posts: 15,163
DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Left the radiator cap for my '94 Toyota pickup on the distributor after changing the exhaust manifold. I found it after seeing steam after crossing a 5000ft pass.
Rich, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. It was a bad time in my life, and I want to put it behind me. I'm just glad that I finally found you after all of these years. You don't know the pressure that comes with ASE certification; it's hell in the limelight!

Please accept my apology and let's move on from this darkness.

Sincerely,

DoorDing, ASE Master Automobile Technician
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #46
Senior Member
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rich91710's Avatar
Name: Rich
Joined: Feb 2012, #73470
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,682
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Rich, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. It was a bad time in my life, and I want to put it behind me. I'm just glad that I finally found you after all of these years. You don't know the pressure that comes with ASE certification; it's hell in the limelight!

Please accept my apology and let's move on from this darkness.

Sincerely,

DoorDing, ASE Master Automobile Technician
You actually admit to working for Claremont Toyota?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #47
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
DoorDing's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2012, #86445
Posts: 15,163
DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
You actually admit to working for Claremont Toyota?
Even ASE Rockstars gotta pay the bills.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #48
Senior Member
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rich91710's Avatar
Name: Rich
Joined: Feb 2012, #73470
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,682
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Even ASE Rockstars gotta pay the bills.
I'm not sure working for that particular dealership could pay for gas to get there.

The dealership is, or at one point was, owned by Cal Worthington (it was when I went there).

And no, I never worked there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #49
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
DoorDing's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2012, #86445
Posts: 15,163
DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Another sad admission: I was Cal's original dog Spot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #50
Senior Member
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Jimmyh's Avatar
Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Joined: May 2012, #78991
Location: SC
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,367
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanTaco View Post
You do understand that in order to be ASE certified that you have to have a minimum of 2 years from a reputable shop sign you off and verify.... Right? Also, as far as the stochiometric. Wtf, are you talking about +-2? It is nothing other then how the engine articulates its timing for the injectors and spark on newer vehicles. Mainly seen them on Lexus and GM.


Also, if something is wrong with your Harley, the only thing I'm going to tell you is, "It's a Harley. That's your problem." The only reason why you run away from ASE is because you are afraid someone will show you up? Sorry to tell you this. But, Carburetors are junk, and you are just pissed off because your PCV doesn't dump into the atmosphere anymore.
Define reputable please. Lots of shops claim to be, but most are not.

Draft tubes didn't have a Pollution Control Valve. Just a breather filter in the valve cover and a down draft tube coming out of the crankcase that pulled a suction when going down the road.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #51
Senior Member
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rich91710's Avatar
Name: Rich
Joined: Feb 2012, #73470
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,682
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Another sad admission: I was Cal's original dog Spot.
LOL!

Seriously though... the fact that I didn't know you were ASE speaks volumes.

I have too many certifications and qualifications to list on a resume. If someone asks, they get the short list that pertains to their project and needs. An engineer that needs someone who specializes in spread spectrum ethernet communications couldn't care less if I'm trained in bench repair of HV power supplies.
But I don't throw up my certs in someone's face as a counter to an argument. All a cert means is that someone was able to stay awake and remember enough to pass the final test.

Actions speak louder than words... or certificates.
Every time a "tech" is challenged, the next thing he says is "I'm ASE/MMI/AA/BS/PhD"
Sure they are.
And how do you refer to the guy who graduated last from medical school?
"Doctor"
That simply means "I don't have a logical answer"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #52
Senior Member
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rich91710's Avatar
Name: Rich
Joined: Feb 2012, #73470
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,682
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Draft tubes didn't have a Pollution Control Valve. Just a breather filter in the valve cover and a down draft tube coming out of the crankcase that pulled a suction when going down the road.
Yup. The modern PCV and EFI systems are part of the reason that we no longer have to change our oil every 3000 miles, or change our plugs every 12,000.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #53
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
DoorDing's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2012, #86445
Posts: 15,163
DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
LOL!

Seriously though... the fact that I didn't know you were ASE speaks volumes.

I have too many certifications and qualifications to list on a resume. If someone asks, they get the short list that pertains to their project and needs. An engineer that needs someone who specializes in spread spectrum ethernet communications couldn't care less if I'm trained in bench repair of HV power supplies.
But I don't throw up my certs in someone's face as a counter to an argument. All a cert means is that someone was able to stay awake and remember enough to pass the final test.

Actions speak louder than words... or certificates.
Every time a "tech" is challenged, the next thing he says is "I'm ASE/MMI/AA/BS/PhD"
Sure they are.
And how do you refer to the guy who graduated last from medical school?
"Doctor"
That simply means "I don't have a logical answer"
I'm not ASE certified, but I'm willing to learn. Would they send me some place special?

I don't mind a bit when someone uses their credentials to substantiate their statements, but I expect more than, "It's true because I said so, and I graduated from WeSaySo Academy." In my experience, true mastery of knowledge seldom comes solely from an educational setting, but it can be an important starting point. The successful application of training is what matters most, not the importance the student attaches to the certification.

I have a friend that has busted his ass for over 40 years to build a very successful transmission shop, and he still does more rebuild work than any of his employees. I know he's gone through a few schools over the years, but most of his knowledge has been earned while standing in front of his bench, figuring things out for himself. Watching him work while having a conversation is almost like a magic show. In his case, innate mechanical talent and hard work are much more important than any certifications he may hold.

Training, talent, and experience all have their place. I don't want to get in the middle of the Great ASE War, but I thought that needed to be said.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #54
Senior Member
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rich91710's Avatar
Name: Rich
Joined: Feb 2012, #73470
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,682
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Bingo.

Couldn't have said it better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #55
Senior Member
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Feb 2012, #72895
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 448
seric007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Look bucko.

I've been twisting wrenches since 1967.
I'm only 50.

I'm GLAD that carbs are a thing of the past, and I'm glad that my crankcase ventilation system doesn't cover my engine with an oily mist.

I run from ASE because they have done stupid things such as:

'91 Ford Escort trans blew up. Got it back, car was getting 20mpg (was getting 35 before) and was not shifting right. "Tech" told me that I was lucky, his Ranger only got 18. Service manager told me to pound sand because the OBDS didn't report any problems. Trans blew up AGAIN, fixed again, tech wrote on the paperwork that it appeared that I had done a neutral-drop. I refused to sign the paperwork. Funny funny... car was back to 35mpg.

Left the radiator cap for my '94 Toyota pickup on the distributor after changing the exhaust manifold. I found it after seeing steam after crossing a 5000ft pass.

After performing a brake recall on my wife's '00 Echo, doing SOMETHING wrong that resulted in the inner brake pad separating from the caliper.

Having my wife's '04 Rav4 for 3 weeks trying to troubleshoot a CEL. Finally swapping ECUs. When we got it back, missing items included the lower engine cover, 3 ground wires, and the battery compartment cover retaining clips.

Her Rav, my '03 Tundra and '06 Silverado have not been back to an "ASE" service point since and wowee... haven't had a lick of trouble with any of them doing the work myself including the timing belt on the Tundra's 4.7
you sir, are correct. "ASE" is a joke. Does this mean ALL "ASE" techs are idiots? No, it does not. Does that mean "other" None "ASE" "techs" are immune to the same laziness? No.

But i have similar experience... and I'm no where near as old.

Moral of the story? Turn your own g-damned wrench and do it right the first time. even if you have to do it 3 times, it'll cost you less then paying another monkey to do it wrong the first time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #56
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
DoorDing's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2012, #86445
Posts: 15,163
DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seric007 View Post
Moral of the story? Turn your own g-damned wrench and do it right the first time. even if you have to do it 3 times, it'll cost you less then paying another monkey to do it wrong the first time.
A man's got to know his limitations.

I'm all for diving into a project, but there's a lot to be said for assessing the difficulty first, and deciding if it's really something you're ready to tackle yourself. Every shop has a long list of DIY horror stories. Heck, there are some floating around TW, with others in the making.

I highly recommend that the first purchase any DIYer makes is the factory service manual. It'll break down tasks very well, and let the mechanic decide if they're equipped and experienced enough to take on the job. I'll be downloading mine tomorrow before installing Timbren SES stops on my rear axle because I want to know the torque spec for the spring U-bolts. I could do it without the manual, but I'd feel pretty stupid if I screwed up the U-bolts while my torque wrenches were laughing at me. I could probably find the spec quickly online, but I'd feel a lot better about the information coming from the FSM. I'm funny that way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #57
Senior Member
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Feb 2012, #72895
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 448
seric007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
A man's got to know his limitations.

I'm all for diving into a project, but there's a lot to be said for assessing the difficulty first, and deciding if it's really something you're ready to tackle yourself. Every shop has a long list of DIY horror stories. Heck, there are some floating around TW, with others in the making.

I highly recommend that the first purchase any DIYer makes is the factory service manual. It'll break down tasks very well, and let the mechanic decide if they're equipped and experienced enough to take on the job. I'll be downloading mine tomorrow before installing Timbren SES stops on my rear axle because I want to know the torque spec for the spring U-bolts. I could do it without the manual, but I'd feel pretty stupid if I screwed up the U-bolts while my torque wrenches were laughing at me. I could probably find the spec quickly online, but I'd feel a lot better about the information coming from the FSM. I'm funny that way.
well, i seem to not have those issues....



and i could still argue messing up your ubolts and having your torque wrench laugh at you is still going to cost you less. plus think of the price you cant put on knowledge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #58
Senior Member
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Rich91710's Avatar
Name: Rich
Joined: Feb 2012, #73470
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,682
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seric007 View Post
and i could still argue messing up your ubolts and having your torque wrench laugh at you is still going to cost you less. plus think of the price you cant put on knowledge.
A very effective method of learning is by trial and error.

A less painful method is learning from the mistakes of others
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #59
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
DoorDing's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2012, #86445
Posts: 15,163
DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seric007 View Post
well, i seem to not have those issues....



and i could still argue messing up your ubolts and having your torque wrench laugh at you is still going to cost you less. plus think of the price you cant put on knowledge.
I think the Doctor would consider spending $15 and NOT trashing my U-bolts to be quite clever, especially if I download the rest of the FSM at the same time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #60
Senior Member
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Feb 2012, #72895
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 448
seric007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I think the Doctor would consider spending $15 and NOT trashing my U-bolts to be quite clever, especially if I download the rest of the FSM at the same time.
those are some awesome shop rate hours in your area!
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valve cover gasket - TransCooler Leak - Etc... Bert96 1st Gen. Tacomas 20 02-21-2013 10:16 AM
valve cover gasket leak alberto_seattle 2nd Gen. Tacomas 0 02-20-2012 03:18 PM
valve cover leak question radcat692000 1st Gen. Tacomas 7 12-04-2011 08:40 AM
About to embark on an adventure. (Valve cover gasket) sir1123 1st Gen. Tacomas 22 04-02-2011 08:28 AM
valve cover gasket????!! tacomaforlife 1st Gen. Tacomas 10 03-01-2011 05:14 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.