1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CB mount/Midland 75-822

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tomwilson74, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Nov 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    tomwilson74

tomwilson74 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD double cab OR
    OME 3” lift Mickey Thompson Classic III Wheels
  2. Jul 31, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    Trail Cat

Trail Cat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida to NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4
    Bull Bar - TRD Exhaust - Predator Side Steps - Alarm - Anytime On Fog Lights mod - OBD UltraGauge II - LED Dome & Map Lights - LED Aux BackUp Lights - LED DRL - Gate Keeper mod - TRD bed Cup Holder & Bottle Opener - Center Console Lock mod - WeatherTech Mats - Kicker Hideaway - Rear Door Speakers - Spare Tire Extension Valve mod - Tail gate 3rd Brake Light Bar - Proline Wheels - Rear Diff Breather mod (left rear tail light area) - "Florida Tacoma's" sticker - BFG A/T KO2 tires -
    Well I see this was posted several years ago so OP may have gotten it mounted by now but, for any body else.
    I have the Midland 75-822 with a Wilson 1000 magnet roof mount. This combination works great. I really didn't want to permanently mount a CB inside the cab plus as OP question was - Where.
    That's what is so good about the 75-822 its a handheld & mobile. For mobile plug it into the cigarette lighter and connect the cable to the Wilson antenna. The cord runs next to the console and out the rear sliding window onto the roof mount.
    Of course this is temporary however, for me it's perfect. With this setup you can have the CB when wheeling. Or use Channel 19 for the long rides on the interstate. Then a couple of disconnects back to normal
    Again the Midland 75-822 & Wilson 1000 magnet roof mount antenna is a perfect combination !!!

Products Discussed in

To Top