Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exhaust Systems...

Old 01-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Question Exhaust Systems...

Well I'm looking at getting a cat-back exhaust system for my truck but I'm clueless on whats good and whats not! Just want some feedback from you guys out there that have the experience! Thanks!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
ive got a borla catback on my 96..not worth it. Id make your own setup, for alot cheaper.

Matter of fact someone is selling a spintech muffler that im thinking of picking up.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
WW -

I've been looking at the Flowmaster dual 50 series setup. It looks nice and sounds pretty awesome...

either that, or find a good muffler shop and have a custom setup done.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
I always get the flowmaster 40 series. There are soundbites all over the net that you can listen to, that way you have a general idea of what your buying.
Oh where can I find that? I would love to hear the sounds!!! I'm trying to avoid the "rice burner" sound! I want something really low and deep and not to loud.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
WW -

I've been looking at the Flowmaster dual 50 series setup. It looks nice and sounds pretty awesome...

either that, or find a good muffler shop and have a custom setup done.
I'm not going to go as far as getting a custom one done but just something simple and not to heavy in price! How about this one Delmarva?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flowm...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was quoted 350 at a shop here in town to do a custom cat-back dual exhaust with a Flowmaster delta 50 -- would be the same price as buying a pre-made one...

something to look into at least
Old 01-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I was quoted 350 at a shop here in town to do a custom cat-back dual exhaust with a Flowmaster delta 50 -- would be the same price as buying a pre-made one...

something to look into at least
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flowm...5fAccessories\
Yeah this one is like $390 w/shipping. I want to hear how it sounds though!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
Mayor of TW

Janster made a post a couple days ago with a link to that exhaust for like 370 with free shipping...

can't seem to find it now...
Old 01-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Janster made a post a couple days ago with a link to that exhaust for like 370 with free shipping...

can't seem to find it now...
Eh, only $20 difference. Thanks though man. Well I heard the exhaust from a sound clip. Sounds great!! Low and deep!! I might go with the flowmaster. Hey now I've seen other ones like Borla, Magna flow, and the flowmaster. Which one is the better one and why. Borla seems to be real pricey, magna flow isn't far behind Borla and the Flow master seems to be the best price. Is flow master just a lesser quality muffler system?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
Mayor of TW

I'd say they are all comparable... you're paying for the name...
Old 01-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I'd say they are all comparable... you're paying for the name...
Got yah!!! But is that the exhaust your thinking of getting Delmarva, the one I found on ebay? Oh so that's the dual exhaust system where the tailpipes go out on the driver and passenger side, correct? Like how the stock ones are but just another one on the exact opposite side?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
yup...
Nice! Dang I am this close to buying it!!! What do you guys think? Should I go for it!?!?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
Mayor of TW

search a bit about it... Janster is a good one to look for. The exhaust "adjusts" itself so you have to fix it every now and then...
Old 01-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
search a bit about it... Janster is a good one to look for. The exhaust "adjusts" itself so you have to fix it every now and then...
Oh is Janster another brand?
Old 01-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Yes, Janster is a brand name, at least here on TW.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.

Got yah. Thanks guys! Well I saw a video of the Flowmaster dual exhaust on our trucks and it looks really good!!! Sounds exactly like I wanted too!!! I think I'm going to have to go with the Flowmaster guys!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #18
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Pssst! That was a joke. Janster is a member here on TW.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Pssst! That was a joke. Janster is a member here on TW.
Yeah that's what I figured! That name sounded to familiar!! Thanks!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
Lieutenant Dan.

Okay, just bought the Flowmaster dual exhaust kit for my truck!!!