Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CEL and Trac Off on

Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
CEL and Trac Off on

Started my truck after work tonight and noticed the CEL and Trac off were on. I hit the Trac Off button and nothing happened. After I got the truck warm I went through the intersection and sure enough it slipped so Traction is still off. Any ideas before I take it in on Wednesday?

I had a wicked flow put on last week and it and when I start it the maintenance required light flashes 5 or 6 times then shuts off. Only other thing I've had done is my lift which has been on for a few months now no problems. No off-roading at all yet and just hit 10k miles. It has been raining really hard here so went through some huge puddles.

Also am I okay to drive it till then? I have to drive about 140 miles between Wednesday and now.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Name: Jonathan
ironman_jon's Tacoma Gallery
A: Hit up an Autozone and run a diagnostic on it to figure out what the problem is.
B: Take it for service if ur under warranty (best bet)

As far as the maintenance light that means your within 500 miles of having to have an oil change.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_jon View Post
A: Hit up an Autozone and run a diagnostic on it to figure out what the problem is.
B: Take it for service if ur under warranty (best bet)

As far as the maintenance light that means your within 500 miles of having to have an oil change.
Ah so that maintenance light was just a coincident when I put the Wicked Flow on. Im picky about my dealer so I go to the one I like 85 miles away, hope it last till then!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Go to your local Autozone and have them run a check to see what it is...this way u don't harm your truck and ensure u can make it to ur dealership.

Yup and the maintenance light is just a coincidence lol.

BTW.....Wicked Flow FTW
Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #5

Thanks!
I love my wicked flow, did the 13" with stock piping and cut it just past the rear axle. Quiet at idle and deep when you floor it, exactly what I wanted!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #6

I went with the 18in being that I have headers and was afraid it was going to be to loud but regardless I still like it.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #7

Did you get bigger piping? Or stock?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #9

Think I found out what happened. Little shit head at the gas station forgot to screw my gas cap back on. Drove for about 20 miles with it unscrewed. Will this hurt anything?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
BillyP will become famous soon enoughBillyP will become famous soon enough
Coast Guard: CWO4-retired
Name: Billy
BillyP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetime27 View Post
Think I found out what happened. Little shit head at the gas station forgot to screw my gas cap back on. Drove for about 20 miles with it unscrewed. Will this hurt anything?
No harm done.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #11

Should the lights be off by now? I've drove 20 miles and they're still on..