Notices

Rubber or plastic mud flaps?

View Poll Results: Which kind?
Plastic 20 19.80%
Rubber 81 80.20%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
I voted rubber for the "flex" it would have, but I wanted to vote neither but didn't see that option.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
if you find a good pair of rubber ones let me know. i need a pair
Old 01-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
Name: Doug
dougmays's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dougmays
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
if you find a good pair of rubber ones let me know. i need a pair
Ditto, let me know. currently i'm thinking about buying these http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...D:100000519724

but they are plastic
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
..there's not a vote option for "no mud flaps"... that would have been mine. I know in some places it's the law...
Old 01-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i havent seen any "rubber flexible" mudflaps for the 2nd gen taco's yet, but they could be out there somewhere.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
those "flexible" rubber ones arent that much better

they came on the 1st gens...and they still get ripped off with almost as much frequency as the 2nd gen plastic ones

id go with no flaps if you can
Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
hucker is on a distinguished road
hucker's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a lift and big tires and you ride sleds you can cut up an old track, nothing says sledneck like 2in paddle track mud flaps on your lifted truck...but seeing as how you live in NC you probably don't ride, in fact, you probly don't know what a "sled" is (snowmobile)
Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'd much rather have rubber mud flaps, but like tacomaman said, they're just not out there.

Anybody think these would work?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
ozzie50 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
ozzie50's Tacoma Gallery
Mud Flaps

I voted plastic mud flaps because 3 of my original rubber mud flaps have fallen off of my '06 PreRunner. I thought maybe plastic would hold up longer.
Any suggestions?

Oz
Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #11
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie50 View Post
I voted plastic mud flaps because 3 of my original rubber mud flaps have fallen off of my '06 PreRunner. I thought maybe plastic would hold up longer.
Any suggestions?

Oz
You had rubber mud flaps on your truck? Where'd you get them?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #13

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremejrowe View Post
http://secure2.data-comm.com/servlet...k-12x18/Detail

i just ordered these, i will cut them to fit, same shape as our plastic ones, and hopefully they wont need weights or anything
If you have a camera and the patience, you could add the step-by-step the the cheap/free mods thread. It'd also be nice to see the finished product.

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
See my poll re having custom rubber mudflaps produced by Huskyliners.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-mudflap.html
Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremejrowe View Post
it doesnt list prices or anything? are there any?
No...we're trying to get a manufacturer to start one!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #18
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
i had to buy some new mud flaps and i went with rubber. http://www.central4wd.com/category.aspx?page=id%7C29876
Old 01-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #19
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
The rubber ones on my 86 4Runner were bombproof. Never ripped, never tore. Sure wish they still made them like that. I don't like the plastic ones, but here in Colorado with all the sand and grit and gravel they put down in Winter, mudflaps are for everyone's protection ... including your own truck. So I don't dare take them off.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #20
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
greatlakesmudflaps.com

Products Discussed in this Thread