Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AVS Hood protector on 2nd gen

Old 11-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind my last post . I answered my own question. I found the avs instructions on line and they say the same thing. " stay away from
automatic brush style car washes" Has anyone ran theirs throwgh an automatic car wash?
Old 11-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I've taken mine through a wash several times and no issue. Here's a pic, I know some don't like bug deflectors but I like the look of it and it really does help in summer.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
AVS Hood protector on 2nd gen-100_0277.jpg love my AVS! Got mine for $60
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
yep. bug deflector 2
Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #29
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
EGR Aerowrap for me. Love it. Looks great IMO. Check my build link below for pics.

VERY low profile, which I like.
Very nice ! I like the way it looks and you have done a great job with all your mods!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #30
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same one as Kingston and it is even lower than the one on my old Colorado was..love the thing.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
NorthernJay is on a distinguished road

NorthernJay's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know how well the AVS or WeatherTech deflectors handle rocks? I am more concerned with reducing paint and windshield damage from road gravel kicked up in winter time.

Glad I found the comments here on the OEM deflector damaging your hood, I was going to pick one up later this week...
Old 12-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernJay View Post
Does anyone know how well the AVS or WeatherTech deflectors handle rocks? I am more concerned with reducing paint and windshield damage from road gravel kicked up in winter time.

Glad I found the comments here on the OEM deflector damaging your hood, I was going to pick one up later this week...
x2 I as well am glad that I found comments on the OEM. I was so close to ordering one. I did see one on a truck today and could'nt beleave that they would have you mounting it to the hood that way.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #33

Do's anyone have the WeatherTech deflector and if so can you post pics and any feedback ? Thanks ahead of time .