Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AVS Hood protector on 2nd gen

Old 11-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
AVS Hood protector on 2nd gen

Hey guys I am thingking of getting a hood protector for my 2011 Tacoma. I'am tired of the chips in my hood. My search leads me to the AVS brand. Is anyone running one ? Please give me your opinion and post pics if possible. Also where is the best place to order one.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
I have the toyota oem, and should of bought the avs. cheaper no metal brackets to rub on paint. ebay has good price.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
I had one, the product was pritty good. Mounting hardware though is something else.... not good. Mine is for sale if you like. Its chrome.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
FlyFshr has a spectacular aura aboutFlyFshr has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SecFo/Comm Ret
FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
AVS Bug Deflector

I got the deflector on mine. IMO it looks good and should do the job. Put on by a local shop for 80 bucks, probably could have found one cheaper if I looked around a bit more.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for AVS
Old 11-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys for the info and the pic. very helpful. What do you guys think of the weathertech stone and bug deflector brand? Any good?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
FlyFshr has a spectacular aura aboutFlyFshr has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SecFo/Comm Ret
FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I did a quick search on the forum...it appears most are happy with both AVS and WT. Stay away from the Toyota brand apparently due to hood damage. I've got the AVS in channel window vents and like them also. Low profile and work great.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
B2BTaco is a glorious beacon of lightB2BTaco is a glorious beacon of lightB2BTaco is a glorious beacon of lightB2BTaco is a glorious beacon of lightB2BTaco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brian
B2BTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the OEM from Toyota at first too. Some quick research and nightmare pictures of hood ruins told me to get it off and look for another one. Bought my AVS from autoanything.com for I think around $60-$65. Had it one since 2009 no problems, still looks amazing and fits great. Easily mounts under the hood with srews that go in factory holes. AVS all the way.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
B2BTaco is a glorious beacon of lightB2BTaco is a glorious beacon of lightB2BTaco is a glorious beacon of lightB2BTaco is a glorious beacon of lightB2BTaco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brian
B2BTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2BTaco View Post
I went with the OEM from Toyota at first too. Some quick research and nightmare pictures of hood ruins told me to get it off and look for another one. Bought my AVS from autoanything.com for I think around $60-$65. Had it one since 2009 no problems, still looks amazing and fits great. Easily mounts under the hood with srews that go in factory holes. AVS all the way.
Heres the only picture I could find at the moment.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...5/ppuser/33592
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #10

Thanks again guys. I realy appreciate everyones input and pic's. Now I have to decide if I won to go with the AVS or weathertech. I can'nt decide witch looks better. LOL
Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #12

Thank you Krob32 for the pic. Your rite it dos look good. Thanks again.
And again thaks to all for all the graet input! Time to make a decision.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #13
GoHuskers is on a distinguished road
GoHuskers's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread...

What is the DIFFERENCE between the AVS Aeroskin Hood Protector (part # 322065) and AVS Bugflector II (part # 25310)? Which one should we get?

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
MrKyfosh is on a distinguished road
Name: Nicholas
MrKyfosh's Tacoma Gallery
Advanced Auto Parts has them (check online and usually 20% off if you order online). I have the in channel window deflectors and love them, great price too.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Put one on my truck 2 weeks ago. Like it so far. Should be able to get one around $55.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
AVS here, the guard and in channel deflectors were $90 from Advance
Old 11-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #20

Ok so I was raeding the installation instructuions for the weather tech deflector and in the inportent notes it says to stay away from automatic brush car washes. So is that the same for AVS ones? If anyone still has the instructions for the AVS would you mind checking for me. I would appreciate it. That is going to be the deciding fact between the weather tech or AVS .