Voters: 866. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #161
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executive View Post
There are two types of Tacoma people.

The first type washes their Tacoma once a week and methodically cleans, polishes, and details the exterior.

The second type washes their Tacoma once a year by opening the doors and hosing out the dirt, rocks, and debris from the interior.

I try to keep my Tacoma as clean as possible, but with all the snow we've had this winter, its been tough. Can't wait for the nicer weather.

Chris

hmm i bring mine to the car wash once a week and just spray it. someone who polishes/details inside and out every week needs to get a hobby.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #162
Mudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Lefty
Mudfinger's Tacoma Gallery
I hose out the undercarriage after playing in the mud. I hose out the bed if it gets filthy. I don't ever wash the exterior body panels. Not. Ever.

That said, I'm pretty diligent about keeping the interior clean, and have been known to use everything from a steam cleaner to Q-tips in pursuit of that.

And the windows, I can't stand dirty windows.

The way I figure it, that coat of grime and dust is protecting my truck's paint...right?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #163
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt that it could matter much but some serious hypermilers swear that their mpg drops whenever they clean. Mild golf ball dimple effect is the idea, and free.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #164
woodchip is on a distinguished road
woodchip's Tacoma Gallery
Once a decade.So next one is in 2020
Old 03-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #165
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20RC13 View Post
This will tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...ng/#two-bucket

You use one bucket for clean soapy water and another where you rinse your mit after every panel on the truck. My dirty water bucket has a grit guard insert that helps trap dirt particles at the bottom. Never put your mit into the clean bucket without rinsing it in the dirty bucket first. No dirt on the mit= no swirls.

The foam gun applies soap to the truck as a pre rinse... Well worth the $$ fir sure
Wow that is serious. I wish I had the time and patience.

I take it somewhere called "ducky's" and get it done, inside and out for about 20.00$ It only takes 15-20 minutes and they do a killer job.

Every once in a while I will do the quick detail spray after a wash.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #166
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
every couple weeks or after a wheeling trip.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #167
rascalrider has a spectacular aura aboutrascalrider has a spectacular aura about

Name: Carroll
rascalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Read where someone said washing is their alone time. That's my excuse!! If I want to relax and just chill that's what I do. Plus I like it clean!!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #168
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Once a month
Old 03-30-2013, 02:33 AM   #169
Nocturnal is on a distinguished road
Nocturnal's Tacoma Gallery
I think I bought mine in late Jan early Feb and yet to wash it, maybe tomorrow. I did vacuum the inside though.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:54 AM   #170
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Just washed mine for the first time in 7 months.

Usually I just let the rain and snowmelt do the cleaning, but my wax coat was finally wearing off, and the dirt and mud was starting to film and cake on the panels. But when I do clean her, she gets a thorough scrubbing, engine degreased, undercarriage powerwashed, panels waxed, locks lubricated, wiring harnesses checked and retaped if needed, frame rust spots noted for treatment come warmer weather, and all components and seals inspected for leaks. None yet! (Knock on wood )
Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #171
Fireguy25 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jason
Fireguy25's Tacoma Gallery
I always try for every week but it usually happens every two weeks. I am in the dirt a lot so it's difficult to keep it clean.
Attached Thumbnails
How often do you wash your Tacoma?-image.jpg  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #172
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
about twice a year i'll hose it off.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #173
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
When i'm at school, there's really no place to wash it unless i want to go through a car wash, and i prefer to do it myself. That being said, i usually wash it about once every other week during the summer, but it feels pointless sometimes, because the old off-white color never gets too clean, and i'm not sure if it has the ability to shine anymore...but i still do it anyways, because it's my truck, I like to take care of it, and it's good alone time. unless I can convince a girl to help me in a bikini...
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #174
1YOTA6
1YOTA6 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
1YOTA6's Tacoma Gallery
I drive tractor trailer over the road so I wash my Tacoma before i get on the road to get any salt and dirt off before it sits for a week or 2 than i wash it when i get back to drive it around for the few days im home.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #175
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeds View Post
hmm i bring mine to the car wash once a week and just spray it. someone who polishes/details inside and out every week needs to get a hobby.
My vehicle's is one of my hobbies.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #176
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haider320 View Post
My vehicle's is one of my hobbies.
x2

Itake it to the carwash every other week, depending on how dirty it is... If the interior is really dusty, I clean it myself...
Old 04-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #177
Mudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Lefty
Mudfinger's Tacoma Gallery
Inadvertantly parked next to a broken sprinkler last night. Truck is washed.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #178
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Every weekend since the day i bought it.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #179
lowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
lowercaselong's Tacoma Gallery
not washing mine till this GA pollen quits, its out of control down here.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #180
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
When its dirty...

I have the WORST hard water at my place and I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning. It's perfection or nothing, and one thing leads to another etc... So like 4 hours later I have a truck you can eat off of.... But I've come to terms with my condition and just take it somewhere most of the time. About every other month I'll go through it if I have a half a day to kill....