Only after mudding 57 6.58%
Never! 68 7.85%
Voters: 866. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
mtnrunner is on a distinguished road
Marines:
mtnrunner's Tacoma Gallery
How often do you wash your Tacoma?

I tend to wash mine once every few weeks or so.... but I also know other Taco owners who literally never wash their trucks. I mainly do it to keep mud and salt (in winter) from degrading the paint. I also think brake dust on wheels looks shitty...

So how often?
Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
When I drove it daily, I'd shoot for once a month. Kept it clean inside and out. Now that I have a company truck, I drive the Taco maybe once a week so it's getting washed every few months.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
leg killa is on a distinguished road

Army:
leg killa's Tacoma Gallery
Normally every week if I'm home. I'll skip a week every now and then if I'm busy. I tend to wash it less during the winter
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I'm cheap

I wait for rain

But if it doesn't rain, I'll run it through the touch-free at the gas station every couple of weeks.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I wash my truck a couple of times a month. I like it clean.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
On the way home from any and every wheelin day. Or if its dirty.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrunner View Post
I tend to wash mine once every few weeks or so.... but I also know other Taco owners who literally never wash their trucks. I mainly do it to keep mud and salt (in winter) from degrading the paint. I also think brake dust on wheels looks shitty...

So how often?
You pretty much summed it up for me. I have a weird thing about clean wheels, so if the truck doesn't look too bad, but the wheels git brake dust building up, or just plain dirty, ill wash them only.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
I try to keep it clean, but i usually looks better dirty as i have pinstripes and rock chips, so i probably wash it 1-2 times a month....
Old 11-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
Beers is on a distinguished road
Beers's Tacoma Gallery
When it needs it or if it is dirty and there is a streak of nice weather coming up.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
spiralout462 is on a distinguished road

spiralout462's Tacoma Gallery
I've only had her 4 months but I haven't missed a week yet. The color black might have something to do with it. Plus it's my first new truck so I've never had to maintain perfect paint before( which it's not any more).
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
I picked weekly. This time of year its about once every 2 weeks just because its cold and shitty out.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Just getting the winter paint protection job done now . 7 steps and 2 days later , i am finished .Winter wax works excellent .
Wash it as much as possible but never ever use a brush , just use the rinse cycle at the car wash making sure to remove all the salt , then use a shammy to remove the crap that penetrates the winter wax .
Costs 1 dollar to do a rinse but the salt is gone .
We already have 2 feet of snow where I live and the salt man cometh every day
Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #13
rawdog has a spectacular aura aboutrawdog has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
rawdog's Tacoma Gallery
In the winter... At least once a week, in the summer... whenever it gets dirty..
Old 11-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beers View Post
When it needs it or if it is dirty and there is a streak of nice weather coming up.
This.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
20RC13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Randall
20RC13's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine for 2 weeks and have washed it twice. This is my first new vehicle so it's nice to start with perfect paint. Always use my foam gun and two bucket method... Try to prevent swirls!!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
I'm an every week guy and I even dry it off every morning because it has been wet with the dew in the morning.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20RC13 View Post
I've had mine for 2 weeks and have washed it twice. This is my first new vehicle so it's nice to start with perfect paint. Always use my foam gun and two bucket method... Try to prevent swirls!!
What's the foam gun, and 2 bucket method?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
I'm an every week guy and I even dry it off every morning because it has been wet with the dew in the morning.
Now that's dedication to a clean truck.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
Now that I'm in Texas (the weather is better here than the PNW) it's weekly.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

sch0enne's Tacoma Gallery
My 2nd gen I did once a week or so. My 1st gen mmmmm every few weeks if it is really dirty
Old 11-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #20
20RC13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Randall
20RC13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
What's the foam gun, and 2 bucket method
This will tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...ng/#two-bucket

You use one bucket for clean soapy water and another where you rinse your mit after every panel on the truck. My dirty water bucket has a grit guard insert that helps trap dirt particles at the bottom. Never put your mit into the clean bucket without rinsing it in the dirty bucket first. No dirt on the mit= no swirls.

The foam gun applies soap to the truck as a pre rinse... Well worth the $$ fir sure