1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adjust headlights after lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Millertime187, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Jan 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    These trucks are notorious for being bright lighted stock, so I'm sure the OP's had to be awful bad. Glad to see you corrected it.

I found this thread by search because I'm going put 5100's on at 1.75 hopefully in the next couple of weeks and was looking to find a guideline for adjusting. I already get checked occasionally being stock :eek: so I guess maybe I should go a bit below the standard.

Good thread!

2. Feb 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM
    rgvaggie11

rgvaggie11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand TRD 4x4
    Will they adjust them according to your lift, worried they might lower too low. I did notice a little less usable light on road

3. Feb 13, 2019 at 9:36 PM
    GREENBIRD56

GREENBIRD56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Casper / Tucson
    Vehicle:
    014 Taco 4Dr 4wd
    That "notice a little less usable light on the road" phrase concerns me. My neighbor has an itty bitty Mitsubishi sports car (eyes 30 inches off the pavement) and it seems to me that "glare" must be in the eye of the beholder - so having a truck (or other tall vehicle) obligates the owner to point their lights at the ground for the sake of the lowest driver? My other neighbor has a nice Tundra and he thinks the Taco's lights are fine - so does the school bus driver.

Products Discussed in

To Top