1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Christmas Present Help!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by joyotaco, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Nov 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Removable ladder/sailboat rack, Pioneer DEH-6400BT, clear bumper signals
    Hey y'all. I'm in need of a scanned photo of a window sticker (like the ones on new cars from the dealership that show the features and MSRP) for a 5 lug 2011 Tacoma (regular cab if possible)

Here's why: my dad owns a 2001 taco w/ keyless entry, but he's lost both his remotes. So, I've bought him two new remotes and I'm going to put some Toyota keys on the key rings and pretend like I've bought him a new truck. I think having a printed window sticker under the fobs in the package will really throw him for a loop. I know to some this sounds like a cruel idea, but trust me he'll love it. I've also bought a Pikes Peak Tacoma Hot Wheels car from their 2011 lineup that I'm going to put in the package as well hence why I'd like the sticker to be from a 2011.

Whadda'ya say y'all? Can you help me out? You can black out the VIN before you send me the photo in fact I'd prefer that you did.

2. Nov 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    I can't help you but I really this idea. He'll be pissed for sure once he finds out.:D

3. Nov 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Cruel bastard....I like it! :)

Can hook you up with 2012 if you can't find '11.

4. Nov 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    Tell you what I can do. I'll scan mine and e-mail it to you. I have a 2011 DC OR. Shoot me a message with your e-mail and I'll get it to you.

5. Nov 26, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    MTBerJim

MTBerJim You Know We Can't Do This All Day!!!

Member:
    Long Island, NY.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 2.7, Auto, 4x4
    Original
    So on Xmas morning he's going to open a box with keys to his old truck and you want him to think the keys are to a new truck.

I don't see how anything can go wrong with this.:popcorn:

6. Nov 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    doesn't edmunds, kbb, nada show you a fake window sticker when you put in the vehicle info?

7. Nov 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    The Traveler

The Traveler Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    LOL I love this idea...

PLEASE GET HIS REACTION ON VIDEO AND POST!!! :D

8. Nov 27, 2012 at 6:13 AM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Oh, I plan on it...:drevil: He and mom will probably freak out because they really don't need any new cars and they hate their kids spending any significant amount of money on them. I mean, he freaked out when I bought him a tow hitch for his Escape. I predict he and mom will get really upset with us at first (because I'm going to hide the hot wheel in the package underneath everything) but they'll think it's funny once it sets in.

9. Nov 27, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Thanks to TacOffraod11 for sending me his DC's sticker. I'll use it if I can't get one from a regular cab. Still hoping to find someone with a regular cab to help!

10. Nov 28, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Bizzump. Were you able to look for the sticker Gelo? Thanks BTW.

11. Nov 28, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    I found some pics of window stickers on google. Kinda shitty pics though don't know if this helps.

12. Dec 1, 2012 at 6:03 AM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
  13. Jan 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Well y'all,

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I couldn't video tape my parent's opening their gift. Since I'd roped my brother who lives in GA into helping get the gift for them, he wanted to Skype in while they opened their present. Well, I forgot to bring my laptop which meant I had to use my iPhone (which was what I was going to use to video tape them) and my wife's cell phone camera is essentially useless at taking video. :-( Total bummer too, cuz their reaction was priceless.

The good news was just that, the reaction was hilarious and they loved the gift! They opened the box to find a Tacoma window sticker and two individually wrapped smaller boxes. Dad's eyes got real big for a second then he looks up at me like "What the heck is this?" Each smaller box contained a key fob (I decided to skip the fake car keys). What happened then was hilarious because they each opened their smaller box at the same time, paused looking at it confused for about 2 seconds, and in perfect unison they both realized what we'd actually bought them, their eyes got real big, and they both said "Ooooh cooooool!" After that, we gave them a little Hot Wheels Pikes Peak Tacoma and said here's your new truck! And when I told Dad that I'd already programmed the fobs for him, he was even more geeked about it!

Another funny story to share about this is that the Friday before we gave them their gift, we were over at my parent's house, mom had just driven the truck home and when she was coming inside she said to me and the wife that a new key fob for the truck would make a great gift. So I said to her, "But we already got you a gift." She laughed and said "No no, I mean for mother's day or my birthday or something" because she actually drives the truck more than Dad.

Anyway, thanks for your help and for reading. It was a total success except for not getting it on video! A priceless and hilarious memory will have to do.

Products Discussed in

To Top