Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech MudFlaps?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #21
Free Man
Hurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Duck
Hurtin Albertan's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for pics
Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #22
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for pics and review.

They are about the same price as Husky's. Would be nice to see how they compare to those aswell.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #23
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone wants to get rid of a driver front flap or both fronts, let me know. I had a creek bottom strategically remove mine.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
The TW petition to weathertech finally worked!! You guys that got them, what is the deal with that hardware? It looks weird in the website photos, with the big SS washer/ cam/whatever the heck it is.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #28
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
They are similar in construction of the OEM flaps (rigid plastic) however they appear much more durable. The rep was able to bend the entire flap in half, hold it bent in that shape for several minutes and once he let go the flap immediately came back to its original shape
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are they stiff like the OEM ones ?
I expected more from a fellow Canadian. I am dissapoint.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #29
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by landphil View Post
I expected more from a fellow Canadian. I am dissapoint.
TLDR
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #30
Noodle77 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Noodle77's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for pics.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #31
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Installation instructions: http://www.weathertech.com/assets/1/...MF537_1012.pdf

I wonder if the front flaps have the inboard receding edge like the Huskyliner flaps, for improved tire clearance.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #32
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
Some pics.I'll get pics of them installed this weekend.Front on the left, rear on the right.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagan14 View Post
Some pics.I'll get pics of them installed this weekend.Front on the left, rear on the right.
wow these look good, I like the fact they got the front ones shorter that's the main issue with the oem from toyota.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #34
cdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to beholdcdh7917 is a splendid one to behold
Marines:
cdh7917's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagan14 View Post

Those look good. I had the WeatherTechs on my 2011 F150, and they were great. Excellent fit.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #35
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
BTW its uses the existing mounts from the OEM flaps, not the locking fastener system shown on their website.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #36
Oceanrunner is on a distinguished road

Oceanrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #37
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Those look very well made! Can't wait to see pics mounted.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #38
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Can we get some side-by-side pics with the OEM at different angles when you do the install? It'd be nice to see the comparison. So far lookin good!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #39
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiomax View Post
wow these look good, I like the fact they got the front ones shorter that's the main issue with the oem from toyota.
Unfortunately short flaps aren't effective. Too far from the pavement and they simply don't catch the road spray. I ended up doing this to my Huskyliners:

Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #40
SwayBar is on a distinguished road
SwayBar's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of material did you use to make your 2 stage flapper, I like it