Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech MudFlaps?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
WeatherTech MudFlaps?

Has anyone seen the MudFlaps WeatherTech makes for our Tacoma's? I think they're relatively new.I originally was going to order some Husky's but decided to give the WeatherTech's a chance.
http://www.weathertech.com/toyota/20...-lip-moulding/
Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics when you get em installed. Never heard of them and most of the pics on the website look kinda CG.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
They must be really new! I just searched for them last week and the website said none available for my Tacoma, so I bought the Husky ones instead.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
The new Weathertech flaps fit 2005-2013 trucks, and MUST have the factory fender flares installed. Cost is $70 for front and rears.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #5

Got the tracking number so its looks legit. We'll see in a couple days.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
please post some pic of your install I'd like to see what they look like on your Tacoma!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
Reaper
09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough
09 Redneck's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on the weather tech mudflaps! I wrote them soon after I found out that Toyota wouldn't replace mine under warranty (less than 36K on the truck) as they were considered a "wear item" and wanted $90 something each. Best price i could find was a little over $70 each.

So how does weather tech tool up and produce these at relatively low volume for $70 for a set of four? (rhetorical question)

Can you say "stealership"?

Thank you Weather Tech!
Jim
Old 12-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sierra Expeditions
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
My weather tech rep actually just left the shop. I had a chance to take a look at a set of the Tacoma replacement mud flaps and they are definitely an improvement over stock. Very well constructed and durable and priced better than the OEM flaps. If any of you are interested in picking up a set shoot me a PM and I will get you pricing
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Are the front ones shorter than stock, or are they stupid long like stock?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
Are the front ones shorter than stock, or are they stupid long like stock?
They looked shorter than stock but at the same time I didnt have an OEM one side by side to compare size with.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for detailed pics & info. Do they have any flex to them? Are they made with rubber or hard molded plastic? How long are they compared to stock? I am very interested.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
Sub'd for detailed pics & info. Do they have any flex to them? Are they made with rubber or hard molded plastic? How long are they compared to stock? I am very interested.
They are similar in construction of the OEM flaps (rigid plastic) however they appear much more durable. The rep was able to bend the entire flap in half, hold it bent in that shape for several minutes and once he let go the flap immediately came back to its original shape
Old 12-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #15

Just FYI guys, pricing on these for all 4 corners will run $79.90 shipped to the lower 48 or 39.95 for either front or rear.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
We need pics, and a trail report. They sound like they would be good to go if they are much more flexible than the stock flaps and won't rip off when you go off roading.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #17
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
We need pics, and a trail report. They sound like they would be good to go if they are much more flexible than the stock flaps and won't rip off when you go off roading.
Or over speed bumps.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #18
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing for installed pics.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #19

Okay guys I finally got them and I must say I'm impressed. The front are notably shorter but its a good length. I won't be able to install them till the weekend though cause I just do not have the time during the week but I'll post pics of them.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #20
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, can you get a pic next to the original front ones so we can see the length difference? I have been considering cutting mine, but I hate doing that. Would like to just install new ones that are shorter. Back ones are fine, but front ones scrape too much. Only 13K miles on the truck and surprised they are still in one piece.