Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 DCLB TRD Sport - Adjustable Bilstein 5100 "front" install price

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
2012 Tacoma DCLB the day I picked it up.
Yoco is on a distinguished road
Yoco's Tacoma Gallery
2012 DCLB TRD Sport - Adjustable Bilstein 5100 "front" install price

TW folks,

Looking to get some feedback on the price I'm being quoted for front only install of adjustable Bilstein 5100's, I am completely stock at this point and intend on staying mostly that way for quite a while (2012 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport model). I installed the rear 5100's on my truck last weekend.

Planning on having them installed set at the .85 setting to eliminate some/most of the rake after reviewing many posts on the subject.

Install price quoted is $197 and $74 for alignment.

After doing a lot of searching/reading on the posts, I decided to go w/ the Bilstein 5100 setup as it met my needs and cost - mostly road driving w/ some minor towing and off-roading (mostly hunting properties).

One more thing, I really like the look (given my above minor suspension mods) of the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 265/70R17 - any feedback on fit, look and price would be welcome. Plan on installing them on my TRD 17" rims.

Is this pretty much the running price for a set?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rtnum=67QR7WDT

Thanks,
Yoco
(Baltimore MD)
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Yoco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any feedback?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
You're gonna get some folks come on and say that's a terrible price.

Fact is, it's not terrible for a reliable shop in a major urban area. They're getting you for about an hour a side or a little less.

You may be able to negotiate for a little price drop given that it's a brand new truck and so won't have any rusted or frozen bolts.

Or look for a lower profile shop. Usually they have cheaper rates.

Or just pay that much, if it's a shop you've worked with before and you know they're a stand-up place.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
You already found this thread, right?

Lift installation prices:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ce-thread.html
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
fur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shedfur pig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fur pig's Tacoma Gallery
I"m in Hagerstown, MD and will install them for you for $100 cash. I just did them on my 2012 a few months ago. We could knock it out in 2 hours.
I'm an automotive engineer for Volvo and ASE master tech certified
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
Bookin is on a distinguished road

Bookin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fur pig View Post
I"m in Hagerstown, MD and will install them for you for $100 cash. I just did them on my 2012 a few months ago. We could knock it out in 2 hours.
I'm an automotive engineer for Volvo and ASE master tech certified
There ya go Yoco. Almost half off.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Yoco's Tacoma Gallery
fur pig,

I'll PM you.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
Banned
Link7990 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
Link7990's Tacoma Gallery
I actually was wondering could I get some 5100's and then with the 2.5 inch adjustment run some KO's ?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
Yoco's Tacoma Gallery
bjmoose,

thanks for the input....most 4x4/mechanic shops are all pricey around Baltimore area, it's the labor rate I guess. You are very correct in that it's a brand new truck so it should be a very clean/easy job.....zero rust!!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Just a suggestion but why don't you look at 275/70/17 tires?? Just a TAD larger than 265's and look A LOT better IMO. They will set your truck apart from most driving around town.

Products Discussed in this Thread