Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2" spacer lift installed

Old 11-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
love4steel is on a distinguished road
love4steel's Tacoma Gallery
2" spacer lift installed

Just wanted to report for those of you looking for a cheap cosmetic only lift.. I just installed the 2" toytec spacers up front and 1" blocks in rear. total cost was around 650 including parts, install and alignment. This gave my 2012 dbl cab a nice noticable little lift, sits almost dead level now(still the slightest rake) and it drives/feels the same as it did stock. no diff drop, no UCA's. the mechanic said the alignment went beautiful. Unfortunately no spec sheet so i have to take his word for it but this mechanic came highly recommended and specializes in front ends. Ill post pics tomorrow as Im out of daylight. seems like a good cheap lift if your like me and dont intend to offroad and dont have alot to spend. the only thing i would have done different is spend the extra $20 for black anodized spacers, the silver doesnt look bad they do stand out.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Red - I put dbags in their place
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Pics?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Skeeter
SkeeterBilt's Tacoma Gallery
cool, im lookin at 4 differnt lift options and wanna see how people WITH the lift feel about THEIR lift, not what everyone thinks itll ride like
Old 11-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
And how long have you had the spacers? I had a two inch and it rode a little rough but not bad. I put the 3 inch spacers on a couple months ago, wish I never did. Rides like a bull. Should've just bought Bilsteins.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
i can also report NO VIBES! while doing my research i could barely find any reports on 2" lifts. everyone seems to go for the 2.5 - 3. toytec told me 2.5 is where we start pushing the envelope as far as angles and alignment. 2" FTW!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
tacoma1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
tacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I have Toytec 2.5 and 1.5 AAL Sits perfect and aligned perfect. Rides awesome!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma1 View Post
Nice! I have Toytec 2.5 and 1.5 AAL Sits perfect and aligned perfect. Rides awesome!!
got any side profile pics of the truck with that lift?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
And how long have you had the spacers? Should've just bought Bilsteins.
^^this x2^^

$300 delivered from Down South Motorsports for all four corners...higher quality, better ride than stock. Jmho, your truck...your monies.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
^^this x2^^

$300 delivered from Down South Motorsports for all four corners...higher quality, better ride than stock. Jmho, your truck...your monies.
so let me get this right, if we buy the 4 corners blisteins shocks itll give us a mild lift?
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-82...djustable.html
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterBilt View Post
so let me get this right, if we buy the 4 corners blisteins shocks itll give us a mild lift?
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-82...djustable.html
Yes, you can...In the front you can run stock height, 0.85, 1.75, or 2.5 inch lift depending on where you set the spring perch (with stock springs)... The rear stays at the height you started at, just upgrading the shock over stock for better ride
Old 11-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
Yes, you can...In the front you can run stock height, 0.85, 1.75, or 2.5 inch lift depending on where you set the spring perch (with stock springs)... The rear stays at the height you started at, just upgrading the shock over stock for better ride
sweet thank you, dont mean to HIjack this thread
Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #12
j753301 is on a distinguished road
j753301's Tacoma Gallery
I also have a 2" spacer lift and a 1" block in the rear,I also have the tsb rear leaf pack. And I think it sits perfect.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #13
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by love4steel View Post
I just installed the 2" toytec spacers up front and 1" blocks in rear. total cost was around 650 including parts, install and alignment.
Wow, that's steep! My top-coil spacers from Fat Bob's Garage were about $110, Toytec TSB add-a-leaves were about $70, and an alignment was $70 for a grand total of $250. I guess the difference was me installing the stuff myself?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #14
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar experience as OP, if you don't off road, i think you made a good choice!

I also have a 1" top plate spacer (which provides 2" of lift) in the front only to level it, but without a rear block or AAL - its perfectly level, glad I went that route for now. It does ride different, but I'm not sure if its due to the lift or to the wider stance, or tires. Ride is still nice though, but even my wife said it rides more like a truck. Lift plus alignment cost me $150, i did the work myself. Also aligned perfectly.

I'm getting some vibs at takeoff, until about 15 or 20 mph if i'm on the gas hard, I'm going to install the toytec carrier bearing drop in december to see if it fixes it.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #15
Cray is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Cray's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a 3" lift from revtec that came with spacers for the front and AAl's for the back. Almost 400$.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/...WebArticle.pdf

Short answer: Do not bottom out your suspension with a spacer lift installed. You will eventually damage something. Save your money for a toy-tec or EMU lift, or something better.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #17
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Nice OP, i personally went with the 5100's back in the days before i had OME, my buddy has the daystar 2.5" lift similar to yours on his 4runner and IMO you can't tell a difference in ride, post up if you start to notice any problems, 1" block is pretty safe though so you should be fine, if you have the cash in the future, i'd recommend at least replacing your rear shocks with 5100's, they're designed for 0-1" of rear lift and won't break your bank at all
Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #18
rear shocks, alright will consider doing that thanks. ill report back if any issues... i may be crazy but i think it rides better than stock now, feels a bit tighter in corners. as far as the cost i paid 400 for shop to install the spacers ans blocks and that included alignment. i could have done it myself but eh.. wasnt in the mood plus its been friggin cold out
Old 12-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #20
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
No rain here, nor hate. Mine was a suggestion for survival, and a warning for others!
Thanks for the Neutral rep!