1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Centramatic

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by seric007, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Dec 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    seric007

seric007 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So has anyone successfully run a set of the centramatics

http://centramatic.com/ShowItemDetail.aspx?id=12526

on any of the 2nd gens? I've done some measuring and a 1" spaces IS required for the front. plus a 1/4 spacer if you don't want to knock the weights of the back drum's

i have a set of 285's on the truck now that are impossible to balance correctly it seems, 55mph shudder and back again in the late 60mph zone.. the last shop scratched up my rims up, torqued them with an impact to god knows what and trashed my front rotors... so I'm not interested in further re-balancing... basic balance and these should be able to compensate for anything over 30mph.. or so in theory it seems, they can handle to ~ 6oz from what I've read.....

I'm going to take the plunge is no one has any actual real-world experience with them.... I'll post a writeup if that's the case... just curious before i begin my next project.

2. Dec 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    seric007

Member:
    well since no responses looks like i'll be doing a writeup shortly ;)

3. Dec 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    DR Da_da

DR Da_da Infrequent Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad auto access cab
    ToyTec ultimate lift, LR UCAs, TRD gen 1 CAI, TRD cat-back, bull bar, anytime fog lights, lighted 4x4 switch, factory SS step tubes, factory interior lighting package, factory VIP 3200 alarm, FJ TRD center caps, rear diff breather relocate, tint, bug deflector, Weather Tech liners
    On my dual sport motorcycle I use a different product that employs the same balancing idea. They're called Dyna Beads and they are installed into the tire's tube. They're tiny porcelain beads that slide around to balance in the same manner as the Centramatic shot weights. They also can be used in car/truck tires and are compatible w/ TPMS hardware. I've been happy w/ them, and I'm curious to see how yours work out.

4. Dec 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    gbtoy4x4

gbtoy4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD AC OR 4x4 6sp
    Factory Silver Sport Grill, Gray TRD Shift Knob, BFG 285/75/16 AT's, Debadged, AFE Cai, TRD Short Shifter, Redline Hood Struts, Leer Topper, Budbilt Front, Mid+Xcase Skids, ELocker Skid, Icon C/O, Built Right UCA's, Rear 2in AAL w/Bilstiens, AP U-Bolt flip, 1" 4Crawler Body Lift, Relentless Front Bumper w/Lights + Sliders, Rear Breather Mod, 5 ProComp 7089 Rims, AP SS Brake Lines, Famous Fab HC Rear Bumper W/Swing Out Tire Carrier, Synthetic Brake Fluid, Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Front Superbumps, Hood Blackout,
    Big rigs have used them with success

5. Dec 3, 2012 at 6:53 AM
    miniceptor86

miniceptor86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McGregor,IA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue Prerunner Dbl cab
    TRD sport exhaust and cold air intake, nerf and bull bar, RideRide, ProEFX towing mirrors, BakFlip F1 trifold tonneau
    Why do you think you need these? Ive been driving for over 50 years, grew up in a ford dealership shop, worked in repair shops and tire shops, have multiple motorcycles and never had tire balancing problems that couldn't be solved by a simple and often free rebalance. Most good tire sales places offer free rotations and rebalance with there tires, it's in there best interest for you to have a good experience with their product plus it gets you back in the door.

Jim

6. May 16, 2020 at 1:04 PM
    jrgarcia

jrgarcia Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2005 White Tacoma PreRunner
    APC stickers
    Did you ever get it to work?

7. May 16, 2020 at 3:30 PM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB 4WD
    No, after rolling down the road after install, the OP's front tire fell off from loose lug nuts and the truck rolled about 1/8 mile on the centramatic rings and crashed into a parked 18 wheeler. In return for avoiding a major beating from the 18 wheeler driver, the centramatic balancing rings were installed on the 18 wheeler which fixed the rig's death wobble. The trucker was able to make his delivery on time with the increase in speed from the centramatic install but unfortunately the OP's tacoma was totaled and haven't been heard back from since 2013.

Jessrin, gotblika, Tacotsubo and 2 others like this.
  8. Oct 19, 2022 at 11:51 PM
    seric007

Member:
    funny enough, they did not work out.

their production was extremely poor and lead to additional issues. they were returned for a full refund and i would NOT recommend anyone trying them unless they make a vehicle specific version, even then they couldnt even stamp the holes in the center when i purchased them back in 2012.

Products Discussed in

To Top