Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Inverter anytime (stock)

Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #21
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjames View Post
I wonder if there is a way to tap into it and put a plugin port into the dash, anyone done that?
yup. Buy an outlet, mount in wherever you want and run the wires to the pos and neg coming out if the inverter

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ytime-mod.html
Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #22
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. I would like this mod as well. I assume that it gives the full 400w output all the time, too- right?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #23
kankaloo has a spectacular aura aboutkankaloo has a spectacular aura about
kankaloo's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd... waiting for detailed write up and pics..
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #24
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
bump!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #25
aw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to behold
aw113sgte's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring diagrams added to first post.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #26
R.O.U.S.
Fantastic diagram. Pics would be really helpful, tho. Thank you!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #27
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mudafuga
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
OP, thanks for the diagram it's very helpful. I have a couple question for you.
Where did you find +12v source to send to the inverter (did you have to run wire)?
Did you find +12v in the drivers side junciton box or did you resort to feeding a wire through the firewall?

I PM'd caribe makaira and asked him to comment on the technique/diagram. It's good to have some peer review.

Thanks again OP; rep sent.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #28
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
OP, thanks for the diagram it's very helpful. I have a couple question for you.
Where did you find +12v source to send to the inverter (did you have to run wire)?
Did you find +12v in the drivers side junciton box or did you resort to feeding a wire through the firewall?

I PM'd caribe makaira and asked him to comment on the technique/diagram. It's good to have some peer review.

Thanks again OP; rep sent.

looking forward to caribe's input. he is the master diagramsman
Old 12-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #29
aw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribe makaira View Post

These are non-tested diagrams....I have a 2005 and it's still is working fine...haven't a need to use/run without engine on.
Test at your own risk...
Your 6spd diagram has the clutch wire going to gnd, it needs to go to 12v
Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #30
Quote:
Ummm..look again...
Still don't see it....unless I'm missing something on your diagram.

The REDR line goes to ground when the inverter is turned on. Since you tap into the REDR and send that to the clutch switch, it will think the clutch is pushed down, thereby making it go to 100w.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #31
Quote:
Just going by you first post. As you mentioned: You will need to send 12V to the clutch input...

The positivve 12v branches out at the tap: 12v to REDR and to CCCL (Cruise Control Clutch) from the always ON circuit selected [locks or power outlet fuses].

Also REDR is the signal to closed the relay to get the juice needed by the inverter...so I'm confused by your statement....
You need to feed +12v to the clutch switch input, REDR and the branch it's connected with is a switched. It goes to ground once all conditions are met. This is visible by looking at the relay. Prior to our rewiring, the positive side fo the coil is connected to 12v when the key is turned, the relay doesn't switch until you push the inverter button, this means the REDR then goes to ground if the inverter sees all conditions are met.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #32
R.O.U.S.
I sure hope some pics come out of this.

On the diagrams, do the colors represent the actual wire colors as well?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 AM   #33
Quote:
The 12v (+) is met when you select ON by the switch which gets power from either the Power Lock or Power Outlet fuses.

Agreed, thru the inverter ground...

It has been bypassed for no key/switch input by selecting the alternate always ON power source mentioned above.

This where I don't follow. How does the (+) input at the REDR pin switch to (-) turning the bulb OFF (400 to 100 A) when the speed sensor is disconnected?
The REDR pin is floating when the 100W is turned off. This is controlled by the inverter. When conditions are met, the inverter Grounds the REDR pin. Since the other side of the 100W light is always connected to the battery, this proves the line is either floating or grounded. By t-tapping into the REDR line for the clutch input, the input for the clutch line sees ground instead of the desired +12V.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #34
Quote:
That can't be, for then the inverter would not be ON becuase it's the circuit which closes the high power relay to the inverter. The 400w bulb goes off when inverter receives speed signal (which has been removed from the connector) and that's a separate circuit.
Correction, the 100W light, edited previous post.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
R.O.U.S.
OP- would it be possible for you to provide some pics for this? I am diagramatically challenged, but would really like to do this mod.

PLEEEEEZE!!! pics
Old 04-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #36
tweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud of
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I just wanted to confirm this working on an AUTO as well. Even easier for us AUTO folks, just ignore the blue/black clutch control wire (for obvious reasons) and cut the Violet wire. Then send the Violet wire coming FROM the inverter to the convenient nearby ground location. All other cuts/splices are the same as M/T. Voila, 400W anytime ignition on or off, drive or park.

I did probe under the fuse panel and tapped a constant 12v+ instead of running wires through the firewall.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #37
R.O.U.S.
tweeek- sent you a PM
Old 05-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #38
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: Asked a stupid question, figured it out. Here are the pictures for you diagrammatically challenged folk

I changed the mod slightly, I tied into a +12V that came on when the key was in the ACC position, It scared me a bit too much to do the anytime. So all the red wires you see in my pics are tied to a +12 source that turns on with key in ACC position.

Tied in light green, and light green with black stripe with switched 12V

Ran another tie off that same switched 12V source, through the firewall to the green wire going to the relay.

So with key in ACC position (First click) you can push the inverter button and have it turn on to it's full 400w. Functionality is still there for the inverter to go back to 100W when the car is not in Park.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #39
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
I updated my previous post to show pictures for those of you interested.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #40
R.O.U.S.
Awesome. Thank you !