Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Inverter anytime (stock)

Old 07-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
CampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: [SSG] Intelligent special force
Name: Dmitry
CampGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CampGuy
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhavin42 View Post
Edit: Asked a stupid question, figured it out. Here are the pictures for you diagrammatically challenged folk

I changed the mod slightly, I tied into a +12V that came on when the key was in the ACC position, It scared me a bit too much to do the anytime. So all the red wires you see in my pics are tied to a +12 source that turns on with key in ACC position.

Tied in light green, and light green with black stripe with switched 12V

Ran another tie off that same switched 12V source, through the firewall to the green wire going to the relay.

So with key in ACC position (First click) you can push the inverter button and have it turn on to it's full 400w. Functionality is still there for the inverter to go back to 100W when the car is not in Park.
Good Job MAN! I looking for it long time THANKS!!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #42
CampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant futureCampGuy has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: [SSG] Intelligent special force
Name: Dmitry
CampGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CampGuy
Very simple and nice..
I make too..

Old 12-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #43
S4RSSS is on a distinguished road
S4RSSS's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the photos and step-by-step simple instructions. on an earlier reply, a violet/purple wire needed to be cut as well... is that still required? i don't see that step above.

thanks
Old 12-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #44
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4RSSS View Post
thanks for the photos and step-by-step simple instructions. on an earlier reply, a violet/purple wire needed to be cut as well... is that still required? i don't see that step above.

thanks
I believe the violet & violet/white wires shown in the first post provide the 400W anytime mod.

400W mod
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...ways-400w.html

So if you follow the directions in the OP you would have an anytime inverter that is always at the full 400W

The directions me and CampGuy posted only give you the anytime ability. The inverter will still revert back to 100W when the car is in drive.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #45
S4RSSS is on a distinguished road
S4RSSS's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!! Makese sense. Cheers.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #46
Poolstick is on a distinguished road

Poolstick's Tacoma Gallery
So I did this, and it works with the keys in the ignition, but is there a way to get it to go w/o the keys in? I would like to keep the 100/400 functionality for the time being.

Edit: wire going tied into the green wires is run straight off the battery, power source is not ACC for that one.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #47
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolstick View Post
So I did this, and it works with the keys in the ignition, but is there a way to get it to go w/o the keys in? I would like to keep the 100/400 functionality for the time being.

Edit: wire going tied into the green wires is run straight off the battery, power source is not ACC for that one.

Did you get this working correctly?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #48

No.. Still trying to figure it out. Have been out of town though so I haven't worked on it much.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #49

The two red wires you see in my pictures (one under the hood, the other tied into the two green wires on the back of the switch) run BOTH of those red wires to an always on +12v source. The wire under the hood activates the relay to supply power to the inverter. The wire behind the switch powers the switch, which in turns tells the inverter to turn on when the switch is depressed.)

The inverter will only turn on when BOTH of the added wires have +12v, It sounds like you might have one of the wires to an always on +12v and the other to a switched input that comes on with the key in.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #50

Thanks for the tips guys. Now it works with the power off, but it seems my 400W light never comes on anymore. I'm not sure it that means I'm not getting the 400W or if just the light won't come on.

I've got a 6speed manual, and putting it in gear/neutral/clutch in doesn't seem to make any difference. Thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. 100W will work with engine off (regardless of trans status), 400W works with engine on and trans in neutral. Now maybe I'll do the anytime mod and see if I can get 400W with the engine off...
Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #51
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
yup. Buy an outlet, mount in wherever you want and run the wires to the pos and neg coming out if the inverter

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ytime-mod.html
So what happened to the 400w anytime mod???
Link seems to be dead.