Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shorty antenna

Old 12-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #21
WarDamn is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
WarDamn's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for this thread. Just ordered the 14" from AntennaXperts... I dont like the euro look, except on euro cars..
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
advance auto

I got a shorty from advance, its just rubber and I can see it bending in the wind when I drive. there was a slight drop in reception, but only when I am reaching for a station out of Greensboro or something... def worth it not to bang it on the garage door or tree limbs when wheeling...
Old 12-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #23
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easler24 View Post
TRD antenna

Anyone tried an antenna like this one on their truck? I am just concerned about the ability to get good radio reception. I don't see much in the form of discussion about any short antennas like this.

I want to replace my stock antenna with a shorter one as it is too long and always hits on the garage door when I am coming or going. And it doesn't look as cool as this one.
FYI, this thing is JUNK! I bought one, I couldn't even pick up static with it. Save your money for a different one.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #24
DannyD is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DannyD's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered the 13" euro one couple days ago, might order the metal one aswell just for the hell of it
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #25
Ragin Cajun
Plik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant future

Plik's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the billet version...

Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #26
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plik View Post
I went with the billet version...

that looks good, im wondering if i should have gone with that one instead of the euro. is your reception still decent?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #27
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid car wash snapped the adapter on my 8" billet antenna, I would recommend something with a flexibility.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BMC  -  Retired USNR
396tears's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgecko View Post
Stupid car wash snapped the adapter on my 8" billet antenna, I would recommend something with a flexibility.
exactly why to stay away from those kind of car washes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #29
Ragin Cajun
Plik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant future

Plik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
that looks good, im wondering if i should have gone with that one instead of the euro. is your reception still decent?
yeah, reception is the same.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #30
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxtongue View Post
I've had the same problem, but I'm going to keep the original one seeing its a good gauge if I'm going to hit my roof in an underground parking lot.
Yes exactly.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #31
Slvr_DblTaco is on a distinguished road

Slvr_DblTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 14" jobber from AutoZone ($12)... it looks pretty similar to stock (Black with a wire wrapped around the antenna mast)... and everything seems to tune in just as well as it did with the stock antenna.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #32
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
FYI, this thing is JUNK! I bought one, I couldn't even pick up static with it. Save your money for a different one.
Agreed!!! I have the same one and reception sucks!!! The paint faded and isnt black and almost looks like copper now!!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #33
easler24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
easler24's Tacoma Gallery
I just used my Dremel tool and cut off about three inches from the stock antenna. I pulled the metal ball off of the top of the antenna and put it back onto the shortened antenna. I didn't need any epoxy. Put some fresh paint on it and it was as good as new. And it was basically free.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #34
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Antenna X.!!! Euro version, flexible and great reception in so calif
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #35
Hoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
Hoozel's Tacoma Gallery
Antenna X Euro version. just ordered last week to Canada too.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #36
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
I could told you that.........
Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #37
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I just bought one of these 2 days ago to replace my AntennX because it snapped in half when it was 5deg out and I hit it with my snow broom.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #38
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
I could told you that.........
Actually I tested mine out this weekend while I was working on my iPod, didnt sound that bad to me. I could pick up all the channels and had good clarity with very little static. maybe it depends on where you are in relation to the stations. Anchorage has probably got all of our stations antennas transmitting no more than 20 miles at any given point. Which I assume is fairly close.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #39
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
I tossed my stock one in the toolbox, since I prettymuch use my iphone ipod all the time anyway.

that short one does look cool tho, too bad its not functional. I should get one to go with my hood scoop.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #40
AntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to behold

AntennaX's Tacoma Gallery
we sell alot of our antennas to Tacoma owners, thanks everyone for the positive reviews!!