Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Climate Control LED Help

Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Bhwang is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Climate Control LED Help

Hey so here is my problem, my climate control lights do not work for some weird reason, I have new bulbs and have tested them and they work and no light emits from the climate control cluster so it is kind of hard to change the heat at night. BTW 2009 Tacoma DCSB 6spd.

So is it possible to hook up 2 amber LED under the stereo dash to shine down on the climate controls from the clock wires or closer ones, if so which wires would I use ? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhwang View Post
Hey so here is my problem, my climate control lights do not work for some weird reason, I have new bulbs and have tested them and they work and no light emits from the climate control cluster so it is kind of hard to change the heat at night. BTW 2009 Tacoma DCSB 6spd.

So is it possible to hook up 2 amber LED under the stereo dash to shine down on the climate controls from the clock wires or closer ones, if so which wires would I use ? Any help would be appreciated.

I saw a thread a long time ago with that exact product. Can't remember what it was called. Give me a minute and I'll see if I can find it.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBACKCOUNTRY View Post

That's it!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
vstrom is on a distinguished road
vstrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey so here is my problem, my climate control lights do not work for some weird reason, I have new bulbs and have tested them and they work and no light emits from the climate control cluster so it is kind of hard to change the heat at night. .
Check and make sure the fuse isn't blown.. I believe the cluster and taillights share the same fuse.. happened to me.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed mine today. Works great and totally lights up the climate controls.

Az
Old 12-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #7

Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBACKCOUNTRY View Post
Checking out there website it looks like a neat product, but like I said I dont think there is power coming from the wires for the lights on the climate control so therefore this hookup would not work, so I am hoping to hook the clock lights/power or the dash lights. Just need to know what wires to hook up too.

Or was my truck which is a 2009 Tacoma not have the illuminated climate control lights ?

I have checked the fuses over and over and all are good
Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Checking out there website it looks like a neat product, but like I said I dont think there is power coming from the wires for the lights on the climate control so therefore this hookup would not work, so I am hoping to hook the clock lights/power or the dash lights. Just need to know what wires to hook up too.

Or was my truck which is a 2009 Tacoma not have the illuminated climate control lights ?

I have checked the fuses over and over and all are good
Are you sure the bulbs just aren't burned out? That is a common problem on these trucks.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Are you sure the bulbs just aren't burned out? That is a common problem on these trucks.
OP States new bulbs
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
OP States new bulbs
Guess I should read more.......
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Guess I should read more.......
99% of the time i just read titles
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #12

Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Both bulbs are new and I have tested them out of the truck with a power battery pack and they work fine, so now my plan is to drill 2 holes below to the stereo deck where that fly design thing would mount and wire them to turn on with the dash lights or when the other interior lights turn on, any help on where to wire too would be great, thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #13

Quote:
99% of the time i just read titles
I thought I was the only one that did that. I guess that's a side-effect of spending to much time on TW.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #14

Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
HAHA thanks guys !!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
OP I'm having the same problem
Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #16

Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for anything that can help
Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #17

Bhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OP I'm having the same problem
Have your climate control lights ever worked?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
yeah they went out after i took the unit out a few times installing my radio
Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #19
Zildjian is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Zildjian's Tacoma Gallery
That recently happened to me. I tried to switch the shifter light with an LED and now my AC lights including the shifter light dont have power. They have always worked so i'm guessing I blew a fuse, but i checked all the fuses and they look good. Any ideas...