Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Light question

Whats up Guys....?

Im in the market for fog lights.
i know yellow is the greatest for snow, because yelllow does not reflect glare
i am curious about blue fogs. how are they in snow / fog?
i live in utah and Blizzards can be a intense..

Does anyone have them on here?

anyway what do you all recommend and have ?

pictures would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
i have these

http://www.amazon.com/H10-Nokya-2500...amazonquery-20

here in ohio the sheriffs just got all blue lights on them for dui accident reasons (apparently drunk drivers veer towards the red and blue lights more then all blue). pretty sure that would be a no-no running blue front lights, not sure in your area though. saty wawy from the film tape stuff b/c it's a bitch to work with and can peel, bulbs are easier to replace.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You've got some misinformation that you're working off of. Yellow will create glare just as much as any other color given the same beam pattern. The red, yellow and orange lights are generally better for dust, snow and rain because they are easier on your eyes, you don't get tired staring into those light colors. White and blue lights fatigue your eyes so while they might be just as bright, you won't want to stare at them for as long. I would recommend stock colored bulbs or yellow bulbs for foul weather.

Also, check your local laws, a lot of states have laws against forward facing blue and red lights except on emergency and police vehicles.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have 35w 5000k H10 fogs in the bumper, they light up close to the truck out 30 yards or so and wide. I have 35w 3000k H3 converted Hella 500ffs on the light bar. They are aimed out where they take over just above the bumper fogs and go out about 40-60 yards. The halogen low beams fill in in between. The low beams don't light up shit in fog. The artic white fogs light up same as with no fog. The yellow 500ffs light up same as with no fog. It was super foggy on the way in this morning so I got a good test of all of them. No one was blinded, no one flashed & the majority of the light was on the road and saw no "beams in the cloud" effect like when brights are turned on in fog. I could see to drive reasonable speed for conditions with plenty of stopping distance and be seen too. Happy with setup.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Twiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant future

Name: Austin
Twiostaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have nokya 2500 hyper yellow as well, in the last snow storm we got the lights worked great.... I really like the look of the yellow as well. Definite improvement for snow/fog that we get in utah
Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiostaco View Post
I have nokya 2500 hyper yellow as well, in the last snow storm we got the lights worked great.... I really like the look of the yellow as well. Definite improvement for snow/fog that we get in utah
sweet! how long have you had them? also any pictures of them at night?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Don't try to be flashy man, it'll bite you in the ass with your local LEO.

Fog lights are fog lights because they do not attempt to pierce the fog, instead they are lower and aimed down to light the ground directly in front of you. For this reason they are also called ditch lights.

Don't worry so much about color man, its just looks TBH.

The ultimate upgrade I would do is a set of projectors with VERY good lenses to reduce glare. No stray light means better visibilty.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
^^ bingo. Projectors with concentrated bright light where it should be, is your friend. I'm running 35w 5k HIDs in my Morimoto projectors and stock fogs and get great output with no issues. Obviously we dont have much snow here in Az.. but when we do get it... I haven't had any problems seeing while driving.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
retro fit would be sweet. was considering having my headlight sent to Oracle to get a new look. on them. im kind of uneasy about the BHLM right now.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
^^ bingo. Projectors with concentrated bright light where it should be, is your friend. I'm running 35w 5k HIDs in my Morimoto projectors and stock fogs and get great output with no issues. Obviously we dont have much snow here in Az.. but when we do get it... I haven't had any problems seeing while driving.
if all goes as planned i will Be in AZ next summer living
Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Retrofit and BHLM are easy. If your out here and still need them done. We can hook ya up.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Retrofit and BHLM are easy. If your out here and still need them done. We can hook ya up.
thanks man. im in a rut on what to do about my truck now. ? suggestions would be greatly appreciated

im talking exterior looks
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #13

Only you can make the decisions. Its your truck. Do what YOU want.

Satoshi
BHLM
Retro
De badge
Painted lower
Bumpers/armor
sliders
Old 12-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
Twiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant future

Name: Austin
Twiostaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndawg View Post
sweet! how long have you had them? also any pictures of them at night?
Had them about 2 months, no pics I will get some this weekend and post them for you
Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiostaco View Post
Pics are not the best it was cold and snowing

Close with lights on

Fogs only

Further back both lights on
those are badass

Products Discussed in this Thread