Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Adding power locks to my base Taco

Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #1
Ernesto4 is on a distinguished road
Ernesto4's Tacoma Gallery
Adding power locks to my base Taco

so i have decided to add power locks to my base model tacoma because i want to add an alarm system to my truck and i was wondering if anyone out there as ever done this to their trucks? I was thinking of going with the Audiovox PROPDL25 as it seems like the cheapest option and it seem to wor just fine. I just wanted to get some suggestions from you guys out there. Maybe there is a better way to go about this.Also if you guys could suggest an alarm system that will get the job done thats would be great as i was just going to get a viper system but i havent really done any serious reseach on any other brands. Anyways any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Oh and here is he link to the power doors that i will be adding in the very near future

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220PRPD...25.html?tp=154
Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
did i post this in the wrong place or something?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
any help?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
I did this to my old f350. its actually easy to do. i did 4 door locks, i got a kit similar to what you are looking at for $50 on ebay and they seemed to work great. i had it on the truck for 6 months and then i sold the truck, and they always worked, no problems. I would recommend running the wire to your door locks through the factory rubber wire door holder, (the rubber tube that hinges in your door, if you have one) it will look way cleaner.
ive never done an alarm system, hopefully someone will chime in. just remember to add a fuse if the kits dont come with one from the box to the battery.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
SitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to all
Name: TC
SitkaSpruceMica's Tacoma Gallery
Get a remote starter and 2 stock door lock actuators. I installed power locks on my 2004 Chevy this way. The polarity on the Chevy locks is 'reversing' so I had to install relays to get the locks to function correctly.

TC
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitkaSpruceMica View Post
Get a remote starter and 2 stock door lock actuators. I installed power locks on my 2004 Chevy this way. The polarity on the Chevy locks is 'reversing' so I had to install relays to get the locks to function correctly.

TC
^you may get a deal with stock parts from a local junk yard