LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Muffler bearing gone bad

Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #121
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Pretty sure it's. 15 1/2 mm .
Shit, I just loaned that one to a friend
Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #122
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that by Canadian standards or Euro standards?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #124
U-member
olouieo is on a distinguished road
Name: Louis
olouieo's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone plasti-dip their Muffler Bearings?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #125
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by olouieo View Post
has anyone plasti-dip their Muffler Bearings?
i've thought about it, isn't it supposed to help it last longer?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #126
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
I warm my muffler bearings on the satoshi grill prior to installing, they drop right on without pressing. I buy only ceramic coated Titanium Sulfate Bearings for longer life, and keeping RPMs above 4800 means the muffler bearings never slow down long enough to seize, even when overdue for replacement. I like the bilstein bearings with adjustable preload, they perform better, as the correct amount of preload is crutial for good bearing life. I also recommend regular muffler flushes to remove contaminants and wear particles, as it greatly improves muffler bearing life when compared to a muffler drain and refill, but that is better than nothing.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #127
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Is that by Canadian standards or Euro standards?
World standard, WS for short.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #129
cshade is on a distinguished road

Name: cameron
cshade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach375 View Post
I hear Trollinator is about the best you can get.
Are you sure it's the bearing? Muffler bearings and transverse oil resonators sound very similar when they go bad. 30,000 sounds a bit early for a muffler bearing to go south (unless you've added a torsional fuel-line lift kit, of course).
I'd keep looking, just to make sure. Hell, even check around the injector pan rotary lockout nut. That damn things makes weird sounds ALL the time!
WIN!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #130
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Just get the non-rolling element muffler bearings P/N Nissan 20695-8H310. Made in Japan, they last a lot longer than the shitty Toyota bearings.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #132
Bounty is on a distinguished road

Bounty's Tacoma Gallery
Use the American made after market bearing. I had a Johnson Rod Kinibulator go in the middle of the woods. Replaced it with American made and had good luck with that.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #133
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
After reading this post I went out and installed two Zerks per cat and muffler. I feel better now. Damndest thing is each one held a full tube of grease.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #134
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful too much Seafoam will cause them to rust even if they are coated with monosodumglutimate.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #135
akhermit is on a distinguished road

Army: Prior Service
Name: Steve
akhermit's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for this thread, reminds me of my Military days.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #136
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/HlArxyK--6E
Old 01-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #137
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket is the best way to go.
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=48
This is the best one I've found so far, and it is at a affordable price!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #138
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I fixed this by the way. PITA. All I can say is if you're doing it yourself, make sure you have a 20 ton press and torque wrench that goes to at least 200lbs.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #140
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
All these muffler bearing threads is making me nervous. I should check mine.
Do I need a metric or SAE crescent wrench?
Quote:
wait....I thought you needed a left hand socket wrench?

that was the only thing that worked for mine, I tried the metric crescent first...