Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Regearing with 35's?

Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
alexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the rough

Army: Rifleman, A CO, 2-7 CAV, 4BCT, 1CD
Name: Alex
alexrosado's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to alexrosado
Regearing with 35's?

I honestly don't know a whole lot about gears and what not so I'm coming to yall for some advice. I have 35's on my 2011. I still have stock gears in it and from what I understand the only thing it's really affecting is my gas mileage. So I guess the question is what all is affected when changing gears and should I regear my truck?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
alexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the rough

so what gears do you recommend?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Aztecs is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aerospace Propulsion
Name: Jose
Aztecs's Tacoma Gallery
It all depends what torque/horsepower balance you want. The higher in number the less drag you will feel because you are using more torque than HP. You can change the 3.73 (Stock) to 4.11, 4.27, or 4.56. Don't go to high.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #5

oh ok makes sense. how much will this run me?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
SEARCH

SEARCH

SEARCH

SEARCH

I'm going with 4:56 I think. I hear 4:88 leaves you at 3000 rpm @ 65mph(auto tranny). Too much
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
With stock gears and 35's at 65mph I was at 2500 - 3000 rpm cuz the tranny would down shift out of overdrive at the slightest incline. Now with 4.56's I'm at 2000 - 2500 and it will stay in overdrive on a good size incline. I was impressed and mpg's are better than at stock
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
4.88's on my mall crawler
Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I'm going with 4:56 I think. I hear 4:88 leaves you at 3000 rpm @ 65mph(auto tranny). Too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
4.88's on my mall crawler
think ima order me some 4.88 myself once christmas passes. i dont daily drive it so thats not a huge factor to me.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #13

Alright sounds good, thanks guys
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
what company did you guys go with... i hear that with the 2011 they did something new with the rearend... is that true?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #15

I'm really not sure, on a side note, when I buy the gears, how much should the installatio run me? or is it something I can do with my buddy? he's pretty good with mechanics so idk which way to go with it.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Gear ratios didn't change.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #18

I've done a lot of hunting and I'm still trying to find the cheapest yet not low quality product out there for gears...any help??
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #19
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
ECGS or buy the gears yourself, invest in all the shit, read a fuck ton of info on setting up 3rds and still fuck it up -- unless you're VERY mechanical.

No cheap option really.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #20
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrosado View Post
I've done a lot of hunting and I'm still trying to find the cheapest yet not low quality product out there for gears...any help??
When it comes to this hobby, nothing is cheap