Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any 12' owners get brights flashed at them a lot?

Old 01-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #81
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
I only get flashed my cars that are low riders(lol)...on a narrow road..or going over a hill so they are in my beam. Lol
Old 01-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #82
Cray is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Cray's Tacoma Gallery
I drive an 05 and get brighted. haha
Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #83
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Could you please walk CLynch through it. rather be a dick and argue that it's too much bother.
My comment was sarcastic. I do not feel roughly 1 in a thousand are going to make me do anything. Especially tiny cars. To adjust for those cars I should have bought a 2wd. I figure I passed 8000 vehicles and was flashed by 11 people. Those numbers are not bad. I appreciate the name calling. Your a boss, you win the internet. Do you feel better about yourself? I still love you.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #84
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
I only get flashed my cars that are low riders(lol)...on a narrow road..or going over a hill so they are in my beam. Lol
Exactly my point.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #85
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLynch View Post
Iget flashed all the time.
It's not all the time then?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #86
13tacotrd is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aircrew Survival Equipmentment, Petty Officer 2nd Class
13tacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
Now now children, headlights are no reason to be arguing
Old 01-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #87
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Frequent enough to chime in.Figure once a night or twice a night is pretty frequent. Bit of a hyperbole. I am sure most have used a term like "I have a million pencils at home" all the time would lead some one to believe that my entire commute is strewn with blinded drivers. I am beginning to understand the vernacular and eligible statement list has been up dated. Enjoy your evening. Love ya.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #88
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Frequent enough to chime in.Figure once a night or twice a night is pretty frequent. Bit of a hyperbole. I am sure most have used a term like "I have a million pencils at home" all the time would lead some one to believe that my entire commute is strewn with blinded drivers. I am beginning to understand the vernacular and eligible statement list has been up dated. Enjoy your evening. Love ya.
Usually get flashed once when I drive at night. When I was driving behind my wife she calls and ask if I have my brights on. With the lift of my truck it put the beam right in the face of oncoming traffic. Oh well people will just have to deal with it I guess
Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #89
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmreyes1 View Post
Usually get flashed once when I drive at night. When I was driving behind my wife she calls and ask if I have my brights on. With the lift of my truck it put the beam right in the face of oncoming traffic. Oh well people will just have to deal with it I guess
Why?

its 1 screw on each light.............I dont get it, its only fair if u raise ur truck that u should re aim ur lights. Its not oncoming traffics fault ur blinding them.

Would it be fair for me to drive around with 600 watts on blinding everyone?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #90
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Why?

its 1 screw on each light.............I dont get it, its only fair if u raise ur truck that u should re aim ur lights. Its not oncoming traffics fault ur blinding them.

Would it be fair for me to drive around with 600 watts on blinding everyone?
I got the same thing with my Tundra and it was not even lifted. Do you feel the same way about people that run HID lights that blind you? Also if people with a 2012 without a lift get flashed whats the difference. Should they adjust their headlamps too event though it left the factory at that height?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #91
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got the same thing with my Tundra and it was not even lifted. Do you feel the same way about people that run HID lights that blind you?
I dont understand what ur asking that for.........but, if they are running HIDs in a halogen based housing, yes. I will pull into a median, or off the road and force them to pass me. My safety is worth more than being in front of anyone.

If its really bad I will return the favor with all my lights on so they understand how it feels to not be able to use your mirrors, and have your night vision screwed up even with the rearview flipped.

I just dont understand why u dont want to re aim them...its 5 minutes of ur time. Common courtesy can go a long way in this world.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #92

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
proper aiming is within inches of drop at 20ft...........................raising a truck 2" or so can drastically change the focal point of the lights.

Even bone stock off the lot doesnt mean things are aimed correctly.

Its just hard to see why 2 screws are stopping people from saving others vision
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #93
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
So, after the insults and other nonsense with this conversation I decided to have the dealer tech check it out. The primary reason for the visit was an issue with TPMS. While there I requested to have the lights adjusted. The tech came out and stated they are within spec. Next time I am flashed I will destroy my headlights and drive without. That should be safer. Don't want to blind anyone.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #94
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
I believe our trucks are in spec but those super tiny cars are going be blinded. Makes sense since the head rest is about 3 ft from pavement. Maybe that should have gone into their car purchasing plan. Seat that is a foot and a half below most other headlights is an automatic disqualification. I expect an apology from those that has used nasty comments towards me but will not hold my breath as those who are quick with insult tend to be slow with apology. Have a good day all. Everyone else that is getting flashed, I don't know if there is a fix. I would not lower it below what the dealer started was in spec.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #95
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With the lift of my truck it put the beam right in the face of oncoming traffic. Oh well people will just have to deal with it I guess
wow...
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #96

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
wow...
Right?

Xxx spent on lift
Xxx time on lift

No time for 5 minutes to turn 2 screws to help fellow motorists.

Baffffles me too man
Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #97
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I believe our trucks are in spec but those super tiny cars are going be blinded. Makes sense since the head rest is about 3 ft from pavement. Maybe that should have gone into their car purchasing plan. Seat that is a foot and a half below most other headlights is an automatic disqualification. I expect an apology from those that has used nasty comments towards me but will not hold my breath as those who are quick with insult tend to be slow with apology. Have a good day all. Everyone else that is getting flashed, I don't know if there is a fix. I would not lower it below what the dealer started was in spec.
You could have asked them to put it on the low end of the spec. There are a lot of people here that aren't getting flashed. No apology since you still would rather be flashed.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #98
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
I understand what CLynch is getting at. In reality, if I get flashed maybe once a month, then it must be that one person who is either A.) sensitive to light, B.) has a low vehicle where there eyes are at headlight height, or C.) both A and B. In my mind I don't think it is ass-hattery to leave the lights factory spec to get max lit area versus losing some of that so that 1 person a month is content for 8 seconds of their nightly drive.

I remember when I took my mandatory drivers course, the material instructed that if someone's lights are bright, or even normal, to look off to the side a bit and focus on the right side of the road near the reflective lane marker. Sometimes it seems some people are gazing into my lights, because I NEVER get brighted on a divided highway with a small median right near my house. It is always on some 2 lane road going up or down a hill. I can see my cutoff line pretty clearly as well in town, and my lights cutoff right at the top edge of compact car trunks.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
I understand what CLynch is getting at. In reality, if I get flashed maybe once a month, then it must be that one person who is either A.) sensitive to light, B.) has a low vehicle where there eyes are at headlight height, or C.) both A and B. In my mind I don't think it is ass-hattery to leave the lights factory spec to get max lit area versus losing some of that so that 1 person a month is content for 8 seconds of their nightly drive.

I remember when I took my mandatory drivers course, the material instructed that if someone's lights are bright, or even normal, to look off to the side a bit and focus on the right side of the road near the reflective lane marker. Sometimes it seems some people are gazing into my lights, because I NEVER get brighted on a divided highway with a small median right near my house. It is always on some 2 lane road going up or down a hill. I can see my cutoff line pretty clearly as well in town, and my lights cutoff right at the top edge of compact car trunks.
He also changed his tune from all the time to 1-2 times a night, not once a month.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #100
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by btipsword View Post
No not typically by trucks. I think every time has been a car, I'm definately not re adjusting my headlights for my slight lift, I get way to much satisfaction in flashing my brights back when they think they're already on. Hope it makes them feel dumb. haha
Every thought that maybe people are flashing you telling you that your headlights are adjusted bad?

Also if you adjust your trucks suspension up at all and don't adjust your headlights that just makes you a pompous asshat.