Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any 12' owners get brights flashed at them a lot?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #101
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
He also changed his tune from all the time to 1-2 times a night, not once a month.
Your obvious wish to pick a fight is quite humorous.11times in an 8 day span is what I reported. That seems quite frequent. I am sorry if the low beams on my vehicle cause you mental anguish. However, I believe I called this also. You lack of ability to craft an argument and resort to name calling. I have not spoken ill of you, yet you continue. I am glad the internet provides the emotional release you need to feel better. Say what you want without consequence. Maybe I have this all wrong, but I see a person who sits on high and casts judgement. Good luck with that, I imagine that is real helpful in life. If you are just looking for something more, I love you. I will not call you names or attempt to hurt. Rather, I will have kind discourse to turn your heart. Feel better.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #102
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
I'm humored by you too.

I really just want you to stop blinding people every night.

Your response is fuck them.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #103
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLynch View Post
all the time would lead some one to believe that my entire commute is strewn with blinded drivers.
Sounds like it probably is, but they are being considerate to the drivers heading the same direction you are.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #104
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
I have not used any vulgarities to describe my habits. My lights are within the specs set forth by Toyota. The people who designed the truck, and currently service it. Typically when something is spec, I would assume it is fairly precise. I am unaware of a sliding scale of spec. In dealing with machinery, spec is normally within given range. That range typically, is fairly small. I stated and openly retracted the all the time comment as it was a hyperbole.

In case you are unaware

Hyperbole
1. Obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2.an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally,as“to wait an eternity.”

To take what is found by the techs that are paid to service these vehicles and dismiss it is pure silliness. Your happiness would involve me taking my vehicle from spec and altering it in a manner that would negatively affect its performance. I will lower lights from what is in spec when you use corn oil as your engine oil. Better for the planet and all. All the cool kids do it. I want to add that sarcasm is the tone for the final few sentences. I would not want you to ruin your vehicle, so please do not try it.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #105
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just because a "dealer tech" looked at it doesn't mean it's in spec.
I've had plenty of jobs mungled by dealer techs.

Have you verified that the aim is correct? A lot of people assume that having the cutoff even with the lamp is correct, but it is not.
It's an okay ballpark to get from home to some place where you can check properly.
Federal spec (not Toyota) is for the low side of the cutoff to be 2.1" below the centerline of the lamp at 20ft.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #106
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Peoples leaf springs are with in "specs" set forth by toyota yet they throw them out because they suck

Also I would like to point out that if anyone is driving a newer truck, let things settle out before adjusting anything, assuming that you are going to take the time to do so. This statement does not change my opinion of people lifting and not adjusting
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #107
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Sounds like it probably is, but they are being considerate to the drivers heading the same direction you are.
Rich,
You may be right. I do not think I would change what the dealer has stated as correct. Imagine getting an alignment and saying the tech is a bit off and begin to turn wrenches. If that is something you would do, you are a bettter mechanic than myself. A week ago it could be catorgorized as someone unwilling to fix the situation. I would agree to a point. The service tech today confirmed that my vehicle was within "spec". After the inspection by the service tech, I have to say that no change is in my future. The vehicles have all been small vehicles. To adjust for their eye level would destroy my front end. (deer and other creatures)

Regardless, I really like you grill.

Charlie
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #108
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
My lights are adjusted where I like 'em. This is probably a tad higher than spec. I'm ok with it. I have yet to be flashed.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #109
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Peoples leaf springs are with in "specs" set forth by toyota yet they throw them out because they suck

Also I would like to point out that if anyone is driving a newer truck, let things settle out before adjusting anything, assuming that you are going to take the time to do so. This statement does not change my opinion of people lifting and not adjusting
Didn't they "forget" to throw in a cabin air filter in the 2005's also?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #110
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
adjust your headlights and don't be a douche

or chance someone aggravated enough to harm you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Nobody feels dumb, they are being blinded even before you put on the high beams dumbass.

Adjust your light and stop being a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Would you feel the same way if you caused somone to run off the road and be injured or killed?
These guys have it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btipsword View Post
ever notice how everyone is a tough guy online?
You are creating a safety problem by not adjusting after a front-end lift. They're just calling you out. And so am I. Be an adult and adjust your headlights. Check it yourself by using the FSM and your garage door with some tape. Maybe you'll learn something.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #111
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by btipsword View Post
I have a 12' single cab, and every time I drive at night I get at least 3 to 4 people flash me their brights while I still have my dims on. I don't know if theres something about the stance of my truck? (billy's 1.75, 1" block with 265s) that makes it just unbearable or what, stock headlights. Just curious if any other 12' owners are getting this.

Happens to me all the time every frigging night. I have a 2011. I too have Billys at 1.75" with the TSB spring pack and 265/75's.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #112
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
I want to point out, as many people are pointing out their lifts and this issue.

I have no lift, or oversized tires. My Tacoma is stock in relation to height. Nothing has been done to alter it in any way.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #113
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Douche

+1
Old 01-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #114
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLynch View Post
I want to point out, as many people are pointing out their lifts and this issue.

I have no lift, or oversized tires. My Tacoma is stock in relation to height. Nothing has been done to alter it in any way.
If you read the opening post, you will read the op has a lift. If you didnt have a lift should have said so from the get go instead of trying to defend your self, which made it seem as if you had a lift.

Wait till the suspension settles out and and see where your lights fall.

Regardless, dealers can be wrong. Ask me how I know
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #115
Jojack is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Jojack's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do to my truck to get flashed as much as you guys! All I get is the occasional wave but have yet to see the first pair of knockers (•)(•)
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #116
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^^ best post in thread.

I apologize for any unintentional misleading. I missed that. The flashers still flash. That was the point of my contribution.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojack View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do to my truck to get flashed as much as you guys! All I get is the occasional wave but have yet to see the first pair of knockers (•)(•)
You just need a Leykis-101 sticker
Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #118
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Just ran into the back of the garage, but my brakes are with in specs. So I'll just leave them.

Sorry, no boobs.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #119

^ brake lights are a different matter buddy, a problem I ,driving a civic, have never had a problem with. But thank you for admitting your driving skills
Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #120
REDLARIAT is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Ryan
REDLARIAT's Tacoma Gallery
Stock truck here with no flashes. I do think my headlights could be adjusted up a little though. I find myself using high beam alot more on this truck than my previous vehicles.