Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any 12' owners get brights flashed at them a lot?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
btipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nice
Name: Ben
btipsword's Tacoma Gallery
Any 12' owners get brights flashed at them a lot?

I have a 12' single cab, and every time I drive at night I get at least 3 to 4 people flash me their brights while I still have my dims on. I don't know if theres something about the stance of my truck? (billy's 1.75, 1" block with 265s) that makes it just unbearable or what, stock headlights. Just curious if any other 12' owners are getting this.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I do but I know its bc im lifted and have PIAA xtreme white bulbs.. I did adjust my lights down alittle bit. (to my liking) but I still get flashed. I just flash them back and blind the crap out of them..
Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by btipsword View Post
I have a 12' single cab, and every time I drive at night I get at least 3 to 4 people flash me their brights while I still have my dims on. I don't know if theres something about the stance of my truck? (billy's 1.75, 1" block with 265s) that makes it just unbearable or what, stock headlights. Just curious if any other 12' owners are getting this.
Coming from driving an 04 Tacoma I noticed a huge difference in the lights on my 2013, better spread/output and a cleaner cut off line, so much so that I was betting someone might flash me thinking they were brights but no one has so far.

But since you have a slight lift, the angle of your lights may have increased just enough to make people think they are brights. You can always realign them to counter the lift.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Check and make sure your driver side light is angled down. Its angled down for a reason. I have seen people angle it back up, which makes it look like your high beams are on, thus getting flashed, and not by titties either
Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
Shaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shaun
Shaunsquatch's Tacoma Gallery
I have never been flashed in my 2012. I assume you didnt adjust your lights after your lift and are blinding the crap out of people.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Also are you getting flashed by cars or trucks? If just by smaller cars I would probably just ignore it.

In my civic it looks like everyone has their brights on because the car sits at the headlight level of most stock trucks. By no fault of anyone, that's just the way its going to be.

It you're getting flashed by trucks maybe look into it a little bit more.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
btipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nice
No not typically by trucks. I think every time has been a car, I'm definately not re adjusting my headlights for my slight lift, I get way to much satisfaction in flashing my brights back when they think they're already on. Hope it makes them feel dumb. haha
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #8

Then why even start a thread about it then?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No not typically by trucks. I think every time has been a car, I'm definately not re adjusting my headlights for my slight lift, I get way to much satisfaction in flashing my brights back when they think they're already on. Hope it makes them feel dumb. haha
adjust your headlights and don't be a douche

or chance someone aggravated enough to harm you.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Then why even start a thread about it then?
just wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems
Old 12-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yup, since new I've been flashed quite a bit, before the lift and after.

also my friend just got a 2013, and behind me his lights were pretty bright.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
4x4Taco2012's Tacoma Gallery
I have a stock '12 and I get flashed quite a bit. I also have a stock '07 T4R and I get flashed in it quite a bit. I don't know if it's the angle of the Toyota lights or just drivers with sensitive eyes?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nobody feels dumb, they are being blinded even before you put on the high beams dumbass.

Adjust your light and stop being a dick.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #14
ever notice how everyone is a tough guy online?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ever notice how everyone is a tough guy online?
And when they are driving a truck with poorly adjusted lights.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #16
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would you feel the same way if you caused somone to run off the road and be injured or killed?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So what is the point in your thread. You lifted your truck more in the front than the rear thus raising your headlights and want to know why people flash their brights and you. They are the ones that are dumb when they flash at you yet you are the dummy for making this post and knowing why the problem exists.

Big tough guy in a raised truck syndrome and online. Thats you buddy.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Douche
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #19
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sure they don't feel dumb.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #20