Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New radio, Double din, Kenwood ddx419 or Pioneer App radio?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
customgrind is on a distinguished road

customgrind's Tacoma Gallery
New radio, Double din, Kenwood ddx419 or Pioneer App radio?

Going to install the Kenwood dbl din, ddx419, or the Pioneer app radio, still trying to decide, Kenwood plays dvs, cd etc, app radio is full intergrated with I phone but no dvd slot. Let me know if you have done one or the other, thx
Old 12-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
bump

hope someone has done the app radio. I was considering the app radio vs a few different $400ish kenwood/pioneer double dins. in the end, most of the review weren't so hot on the app radio, although the idea seems bad ass (which led to some thread on here about people modifying their dash to mount ipads).

I'd say the install is about the same, but I would lean toward a more traditional head unit, most of them will stream any media from your phone anyway, and with attachments can even stream the maps...
Old 12-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
00PowderSpecial is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
00PowderSpecial's Tacoma Gallery
I have the appradio 2 and love it. It mounted nicely, and looks really good on the truck. It works good enough, my only complaint is with some apps it takes a couple updated to the app before it works seamlessly. I mostly use Rdio in the truck, and it works awesome except the screen is bright and theres no dimmer and the only option night time is to turn the screen off which is 2 clicks away. Using an ipod it's fine at nighttime and not too bright. Using the fm or am radio, or ipod the radio is awesome and only starts to slow down when using some apps. I recommend it to all my friends.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
customgrind is on a distinguished road

customgrind's Tacoma Gallery
what about playing movies on the app radio? no slot, so copy a dvd to a computer, then install on iphone? not sure i tunes will dig thet eh?