Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cost Effective Tips to Make your new 2nd Gen last forever

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
X2, how are you supposed to lube the LCA bolts? Just spray some dry teflon lube and jack the truck up and down? Doesn't seem like it would penetrate very far.
Yeah, I think the idea is to pull the bolts. Have to mark the cams and even then may screw your alignment.

There is some discussion about what to use - never sieze or grease or synthectic grease with graphite mix.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #22
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Hm... I have lifetime alignments at firestone, I may do my best and then let them get it back in line again.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Hm... I have lifetime alignments at firestone, I may do my best and then let them get it back in line again.
I used neverseize and the dealership wasn't happy with me. I caked it on pretty good and I could see all the silver handprints on the LCA from the stuff smearing and getting on their hands
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #26
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
X2

I'm a frequent spray painter to! Prevents rust, looks good, and gives me something to do!
What paint do you use?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #27
Oscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: E4 0311
Name: Bob
Oscarbob's Tacoma Gallery
You could do an engine oil analysis every so often to monitor the "health" of your engine. I'm about to do my first here shortly at 30k miles. It's 25 bucks for some solid information about what's going on inside your engine

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/
Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #29
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Black
No shit
Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #33
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to make a habit of inspecting the frame and suspension in the springtime, removing rust, and touching it up with undercoat spray. I undercoated the frame as soon as I got the truck, and so far so good after a year. The axel started developing some areas of surface rust after last and I immediately took care of it. It also helps to make a weekly habit of heading to the spray&wash to spray off the frame during the winter months that salt is present on the road.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #35
SitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to allSitkaSpruceMica is a name known to all
Name: TC
SitkaSpruceMica's Tacoma Gallery
I use paint made for BBQ Grills for lots of stuff. It holds up way better than engine paint when used in high temps areas imo and is cheaper too. Painted some brackets and the exhaust manifolds on my boat quite a few years ago and they still look great.

TC
Old 12-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #37
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure where i live the engine will outlast the body (RUST). With basic maintinance and fixing thing when they start to go and a yota will last you for as long as you want it.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
For rust prevention check here once in a while for wet leafs and crap...

that area of my truck ALWAYS has crap stuck in it.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #39
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
that area of my truck ALWAYS has crap stuck in it.
x2. I check there now whenever I wash my truck thanks to a thread on here saying to check it out. It's a nice leaf/dirt collection area.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #40
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
Check out this thread. I think this guy has figured out a few things.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...les-today.html
Awesome

Products Discussed in this Thread