Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Yup...I'm close...

Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #21
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
For the people who park in garages, turn on your headlights and when you want to get as close as you want put a mark on the wall for your headlights to meet up with it and there you go
Im talking about the beam of the headlight for some who may be confused
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
Chaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really niceChaloots is just really nice
Chaloots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
I own a AC now and I still drive it like my DCLB that I no longer have. I find that the camera lines get in the way and I wish I could get rid of them.
do you know how to activate the lines on the back up camera? i have a 2012 and do not see how
Old 12-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #23
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Lay a piece of a 2x4 on the floor to use as wheel stop parking gauge. That's what I use since I back in the garage. Side to side, you just have to get the feel for your particular layout. I get over as far as I can to leave the wife plenty of room. She's still new at garage parking, lol. If she fucks up she'll be banned to the driveway. again.
If your floor is smooth it will slide after a few times. Construction adhesive like "no more nails" will keep it from moving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman View Post
String from the ceiling that hits the windshield is what I use.
Take a tennis ball, punch a hole throught it, and tie it on the end of the string. Hand the whole thing so it just touches the windsheild. When it bumps the window, you are "there". Same idea, slightly different method that won't change with a bit of breeze through the garage. Either of these work for one vehicle only in that spot.

Another idea, go to your local big rig parts dealer, and buy a cheap 8" convex mirror. Mount it in the front wall of the garage angled downward so you can see between the wall and the vehicle. This works for any vehicle you wish to park in that spot.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006KJ View Post
i didnt trust it for a long time... still dont as far as obstacles side to side or in general. But as far as getting close to things backing up it's dead nuts accurate... i take it right to the bumper now (past the red line).
I don't have any lines on mine
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #25
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
these trucks are kind of goofy. without a scoop theres really no references on the hood. took my a while to figure this thing out off-road. the scoop gives a good reference, but then its like the only thing in sight lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #26
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by landphil View Post

Another idea, go to your local big rig parts dealer, and buy a cheap 8" convex mirror. Mount it in the front wall of the garage angled downward so you can see between the wall and the vehicle. This works for any vehicle you wish to park in that spot.
I like that idea
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #27
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
barker14's Tacoma Gallery
This might sound stupid but in the past I have intentionally set up things to hit. Grab a pylon or a pool noodle on a stick. Anything you can make stand upright that won't damage your truck if you bump it. Set up some obstacles and try to park as close to them as you can. Set up two in line and try to parallel park between the two without hitting them. This will give you a good feel for the size of the truck and where everything is. I used to be able to put either bumper of my tracker 1/2 inch away from whatever I was parked by. I haven't done this with my truck yet but it would help a lot. I am always parking too far back now..
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azonicbruce View Post

Yup...I'm close...

I got closer

Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #29
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaconvert View Post
http://m.sears.com/productdetails.do...00P&sid=&psid=
I've something similar to this in my garage for the past 7 years, without it I'm sure I'd have a lot of garage rash on the bumpers.
Your link only leads to the Sears homepage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Lay a piece of a 2x4 on the floor to use as wheel stop parking gauge. That's what I use since I back in the garage. Side to side, you just have to get the feel for your particular layout. I get over as far as I can to leave the wife plenty of room. She's still new at garage parking, lol. If she fucks up she'll be banned to the driveway. again.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoda View Post
I use some wheel chocks (snip)
Good ideas, guys. Will have to see if one works for me. I have the side-to-side down pat (less than 6" comfortably). It's the length that gets me. The clearance in the garage is about 12~18-inches. By the way, based on experiece with her driving abilities (she routinely bounces off surroundings), my wife has already been banished to the driveway, T@co_Pr3runn3r.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #30
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloots View Post
do you know how to activate the lines on the back up camera? i have a 2012 and do not see how
In a 2012, the lines for the backup camera display should be displayed by default. In fact, some have asked how to turn them off, without a satisfactory answer.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #31
azonicbruce will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
azonicbruce's Tacoma Gallery
Lol. Sorry guys, but now I can't help but think of this:
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #32
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azonicbruce View Post
Lol. Sorry guys, but now I can't help but think of this:
I watched this the other night on tv.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #33
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBJ11 View Post
only a canadian would turn this into a pissing contest and insult our driving skills...
Regardless of nationality I'm pretty sure anyone would call someone out if they can't drive....Canadians just happen to do everything better than our capitalist neighbours haha
Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #34
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
Regardless of nationality I'm pretty sure anyone would call someone out if they can't drive....Canadians just happen to do everything better than our capitalist neighbours haha
Tough to argue
Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #35
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
I watched this the other night on tv.

Same here.. first time I watched CBC in a while.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
flashtoo is on a distinguished road
flashtoo's Tacoma Gallery
String mod

Quote:
Just attach a tennis ball to the end of the string to let it hit the inspection sticker (or registration sticker, or something you put in the window of the vehicle) when you are positioned correctly in the garage. I've used this on every vehicle I've had (including motorcycles) for years. Never fails to correctly position the vehicle in the garage.

First, get the vehicle positioned exactly where you want it in the garage. Next, take a length of string and the attached tennis ball (I use a cup hook screwed into the ball) and, from a ladder, hold the string contraption directly over the portion of the windshield that you want to use as your position marker. Mark the ceiling, screw the string into the mark, fine tune the string length, and then fergeddabout parking problems.

Cost: string and tennis ball, although if you have a dog you probably already have a tennis ball ;-)
Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #37
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
I'm used to driving a tractor trailer in tight spaces..so the Tacoma isn't really an issue. Any of the things I've seen used,have already been posted here. Tennis ball and string,2x4 etc. I say cut the back wall out of the garage and extend it so you have more room to work on the truck,as well as park it !

Oh yeah..and Canadians..
Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #38
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
No issues here with my truck. Backing up is easier in tight spaces due to being able to see the box edges.

I do miss the sharp hood corners of my '95 Silverado occasionally. The steel bumpers on those were nice when I would hit stuff too.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #39
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtoo View Post
Cost: string and tennis ball, although if you have a dog you probably already have a tennis ball ;-)
Although...if you have a dog..you might not have a tennis ball on a string for very long !!!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #40
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
I hate people that can't park in the lines...