Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Yup...I'm close...

Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
azonicbruce will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
azonicbruce's Tacoma Gallery
Yup...I'm close...

Anyone else still adjusting to how far/close their truck's various parts are from other obstacles when parking?

I got lucky on this one.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine for a month now and I'm still playing it safe everywhere I go. And I don't trust the backup camera one bit.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Town Drunk
TJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to behold

Army: ABN & AASLT
Name: Tim
TJBJ11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azonicbruce View Post

Anyone else still adjusting to how far/close their truck's various parts are from other obstacles when parking?

I got lucky on this one.
nope. i value my truck.

lol. and i choose to park far far away from all other vehicles. i dont mind walking the extra 100 feet to ensure no dents appear on my truck... from my own doing, or someone elses.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I own a AC now and I still drive it like my DCLB that I no longer have. I find that the camera lines get in the way and I wish I could get rid of them.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jux View Post
Had mine for a month now and I'm still playing it safe everywhere I go. And I don't trust the backup camera one bit.
i didnt trust it for a long time... still dont as far as obstacles side to side or in general. But as far as getting close to things backing up it's dead nuts accurate... i take it right to the bumper now (past the red line).

worst case scenario.. BAM! now order a high clearance rear bumper
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Hhhahaha, yup that's close. Just today I pulled into a gas station with a similar post, when I got out I looked and was a good 4 feet from it. Not taking any chances.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
OP, you aren't anywhere close to pushing that post over. Try harder next time.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about cutting my anntenna, but now I have a mark on one of the beams in my garage I use to line it up with. The anntenna is so long it nearly touches. I usually get within less than 1/4" from my garage wall. Everywhere else, I dont try and push it.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Heck, I've had my truck for almost a year and still can't even get into the garage at home without it either being too close to, or too far from, the wall in front. There's just nothing inside that garage to use as a guage and it's a tight squeeze all around.

I've tapped that wall once or twice with my winch, and have had to move the truck several times (after getting out) when it's back far enough to prevent the garage door from closing. At this point, perhaps my only solution is a strip of rubber on the floor under the tires to mark where I should stop.

Elsewhere, I usually play it safe by parking a good distance (feet) from any object.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #10
tacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomaconvert's Tacoma Gallery
http://m.sears.com/productdetails.do...00P&sid=&psid=
I've something similar to this in my garage for the past 7 years, without it I'm sure I'd have a lot of garage rash on the bumpers.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Heck, I've had my truck for almost a year and still can't even get into the garage at home without it either being too close to, or too far from, the wall in front. There's just nothing inside that garage to use as a guage and it's a tight squeeze all around.

I've tapped that wall once or twice with my winch, and have had to move the truck several times (after getting out) when it's back far enough to prevent the garage door from closing. At this point, perhaps my only solution is a strip of rubber on the floor under the tires to mark where I should stop.

Elsewhere, I usually play it safe by parking a good distance (feet) from any object.
Lay a piece of a 2x4 on the floor to use as wheel stop parking gauge. That's what I use since I back in the garage. Side to side, you just have to get the feel for your particular layout. I get over as far as I can to leave the wife plenty of room. She's still new at garage parking, lol. If she fucks up she'll be banned to the driveway. again.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:24 AM   #12
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post

String from the ceiling that hits the windshield is what I use.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #13
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
I use some wheel chocks I've got when I back into my garage on one side of the truck that I slowly back to. I've got pretty good at judging the distance and could probably do without them now, but they are there just in case.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
I learned how to drive in high school, I'm surprised how many people complain about how hard it is to drive a mid sized truck :/ you guys need a car...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
Town Drunk
TJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to beholdTJBJ11 is a splendid one to behold

Army: ABN & AASLT
Name: Tim
TJBJ11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
I learned how to drive in high school, I'm surprised how many people complain about how hard it is to drive a mid sized truck :/ you guys need a car...
only a canadian would turn this into a pissing contest and insult our driving skills...
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #16
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
I backed into the same telephone pole twice in one day. Thankfully Billy saved me from damage.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sure someone has a special ribbon or trophy for you just for posting up. Looks like a lot of ideas, not complaints.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
his mouth is writing checks his post count can't cash!!!!

just kidding....but sheesh, really, though.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #19
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jux View Post
You should. It's really damn accurate. That's the only reason I use it, is for when I'm backing up to an object and want to get closer. I don't really need it for just regular backing up.

Matt
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Got an ARB bumper... Don't care too much! Also, the extra lights help!