Originally Posted by Horndog
1.Is there a way to stop tailgate bounce if driving with tailgate down and no load on it?
2. I assume tailgate will still bounce even with extender?
3. Anybody know how much weight the bed extender will support...like a bunch of lumber or steel resting on top?
4. Are the straps the only thing preventing the extender from being removed when tailgate is open?
5. Without a tailgate lock,all someone needs to do is open the tailgate and the extender can be removed?
1. Run a ratcheting load strap between the tailgate and bumper or receiver hitch. A big bungie would probably work, too. Or smoother roads. Or an upgraded suspension.
2. Maybe, but the one on my old truck didn't seem to bounce at all.
3. No, but the tailgate is known to be a tad weak ... and why would you want to do that?
4. Yes, unless you run a cable lock between it and the bumper or receiver hitch.
5. Even with a tailgate lock, it wouldn't be too hard to remove the mounting hardware and take the extender, or just rip it free. Thankfully, I believe mounting hardware is available separately, so the thief wouldn't be too inconvenienced.