1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for Overhead Temp

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 92220.mods, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Dec 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM
    92220.mods

92220.mods [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salem, MA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma SR5
    Hi everyone this is my first post and hopefully it pays off!! I just bought my 1st taco, i got out of a GMC 1500 hd, and i have to say I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!! The only thing is I really got used to having a temp gauge!! UP here its nice to know when there is gonna be ice!! Let me know if you got one or know if someone might!! Thanks again!! BEST TRUCK EVER i am sorry that it took me so long to buy one!

2. Dec 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    RickG

RickG It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Member:
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Color matched grille, Access tonneau, OEM Temp/compass, De-badged, OEM hitch, Custom rear storage/dog deck, LED foot well lighting, Illuminated 4x4 switch
    Welcome... You should check the 2nd gen marketplace section regularly. The complete consoles come up for sale from time to time, but usually go pretty quick. I haunted the local salvage yards for a year before I found one here.

3. Dec 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    The 2013 has the temp readout built into the mirror. Pretty sweet setup, I think I like that better.

4. Dec 13, 2012 at 4:33 AM
    RickG

RickG It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Member:
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Color matched grille, Access tonneau, OEM Temp/compass, De-badged, OEM hitch, Custom rear storage/dog deck, LED foot well lighting, Illuminated 4x4 switch
    Yeah, that is pretty nice. Here's someone that just installed that one in an older truck:

...a little more work than swapping consoles, but another option anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top