Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Post your favorite DIY mod??

View Poll Results: What is your favorite DIY Tacoma mod??
Fog Lights On Anytime 146 19.65%
Day Time Running Lamps 42 5.65%
BHLM 131 17.63%
Bed Lights 53 7.13%
Map Lights On With Dome Light 27 3.63%
Bed Storage Compartment Locks 20 2.69%
Cigarette lighter plug always on 31 4.17%
Engine Bay Light 9 1.21%
Rear Differential Breather Relocation 63 8.48%
Other 221 29.74%
Voters: 743. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #41
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Just re-located the trailer plug the other day, definitely a trail improvement since those stock 7 pins are $200+. Plus it looks good too. DIY in about an hour.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #42
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Mod .
Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #43
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
variable int wiper stalk
Old 04-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #45
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Def fog mod and DTRL's!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #49
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
blhm= black headlight mod (black out the chrome around the lights)

deckplate mod= cut a hole in the air cleaner box to get more air and install a closing cover for water)
i wonder about that one as the toyota draws in cool air from the passenger wheel well not hot engine air but that is just me !
if you are in a non smog state you can remove the secondary air filter ( charcoal one) and get better air flow but will have troubles passing smog check
Thanks phantom! I just did the chime off mod thanks to this forum. I have an 09 so I have black headlights already and I installed a trd cai so I guess cutting a hole is out! I learned a lot being here for just about two weeks.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:28 AM   #51
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Can't beleive the tailgate security mod is not listed in the poll. Anyone that hasn't done that is asking for trouble.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 AM   #52
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I voted other for seatbelt chime mod
Old 04-13-2009, 06:15 AM   #53
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatRider View Post
Why do people do DTRL Mod? The lights on 2nd gens go off when you shut off the truck and open the door, why do you need a mod to make them run all the time? I never turn mine off!
I've had a 1st gen and 2nd gen and have always left the lights on because they shut off when the door is opened. I think every truck in the world should be programmed that way.

HOWEVER, the DTRL got my vote and I haven't even installed it yet (have the relay and jumper ready to go). I look forward to having just the inner amber lights on and not my tail lights.

D-rings were nice but are a requirement for me. I have added them to all of my trucks.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #54
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
Thanks phantom! I just did the chime off mod thanks to this forum. I have an 09 so I have black headlights already and I installed a trd cai so I guess cutting a hole is out! I learned a lot being here for just about two weeks.
This is one of the reasons I joined this forum. Ever since I got my tacoma I've been wondering about the air intake. Does anyone run into problems in deep water/off road with it being where it is? Would a TRD CAI help? I seached around for a thread on this and couldn't find one, so if there is one already could someone point me in the right direction, I don't want to hijack this one.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #55
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Hood Struts....By far the best....

Ex D rings...#2

Seatbelt chime...#3

DTRL...#4
Old 04-14-2009, 04:43 AM   #56
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I put on Redline hood struts and am happy with them but don't see them too often.
How often are you under the hood?

The few times I am (to change oil or refill wiper fluid) I do appreciate the ease of opening the hood.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #57
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
I put on Redline hood struts and am happy with them but don't see them too often.
How often are you under the hood?

The few times I am (to change oil or refill wiper fluid) I do appreciate the ease of opening the hood.
the redline hood struts are on my todo list. i really love not having to use the bar to open any hood. it just makes sense.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #58
confuzzed2 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Public Affairs
confuzzed2's Tacoma Gallery
Voted other for Comp off with defrost.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #59
djs05tacoma will become famous soon enough

djs05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Locker anytime mod
Old 04-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #60
PeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nicePeteK is just really nice
PeteK's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a good place online to buy the tailgate security hoseclamp mod? I can't find any locally. I did find some online, but they were all on backorder.

Products Discussed in this Thread