Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Diagnostic tool for 2012 Tacoma

Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
68m is on a distinguished road
68m's Tacoma Gallery
Diagnostic tool for 2012 Tacoma

Does anyone have a recommendation for a diagnostic tool for a 2012 Tacoma. I am having an ABS code and my scan gauge only reads engine fault codes from the OBD 2 port.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
68m's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
The dealers computer?

Thanks UTARD. Not what I was really looking for though. I have seen some of the tools for sale on ebay and just trying to see if anyone has any experience with these.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Do you mean your ABS light is on? You can't read the "code" right? A more expensive scan tool can read ABS faults. Creader makes some nice scanners for around $300 that will scan ABS.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Just take the truck in. Its under warranty. Its not like you would buy the parts to fix it.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Autozone used to rent out diagnostic tools. I think you just need to drop off your ID.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
68m's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all for the input. I will research the Creader tool suggested by ntilehman.

So what happened is I nicked/damaged on of my ABS wires installing an ICON lift kit and I wasn't sure which wire was sending the code. It would have been nice just to pull the code and go right to the problem area and since I plan on having the truck for the long term it would be nice to have the proper tool.

I will follow up to this post if I find one that tests more than just the engine codes.

Oh by the way, I found the damaged wire repaired it and the fault went away.

Thanks again for the help!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
The code would only say speed sensor.
Good job finding the wire.