1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission Slipping

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by randyg123, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Dec 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    A aal will help... or instead of coming up to lights fast and braking hard try driving slower.

2. Jul 15, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    hey i've got the 38mph shudder. i now this is an old thread but just wondering if this is the same problem. Im kinda thinkin mine might be a solenoid cuz i can drive in 4 till 40 the shift to d and it wont shudder at all, but if i drive in d the whole time i get a slight shudder from 3-4 about 30 mph and then a pretty big shudder from 4-5 from 35-40mph. just lookin to see any solutions that would not be a solenoid. i did change the transmission fluid about 2 years ago (20k miles give or take) and it has just started doin this in the last month or so.

3. Jul 15, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  4. Jul 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    man i saw that u were the most recent post on here and i was like of course OZ will know. I was pretty sure that u built urs from the ground up casting all ur metal and doing all ur injection molding and the hole nine yards (most like also building your foundry and smoldering operations) and knew everything about these trucks there was to know, since u are the great and powerful OZ. but alas, all i see is the man behind the curtain eating pop corn:(

5. Jul 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    If you have to buy a new unwarrantied driveshaft, don't go with the crap 3 piece thing that is on there now.

Go for a cheaper, stronger, and less vibey one piece.

6. Jul 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I just replaced all the u joints thinkin that might fix it but it didn't. I don't thinks its the drive shaft tho since it doesn't do it if I shift into 4 and drive till 40 then shift to d

7. Jul 16, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Tranny mount tsb ?

Products Discussed in

To Top