Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front lift needed to level the truck?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Chrisw is on a distinguished road
Chrisw's Tacoma Gallery
Front lift needed to level the truck?

Ok, so I searched and have two questions...

1) How much higher is the rear of a TRD DC then the front? I want to put in small spacers to level the truck out.

2) Will spacers up front affect towing at all? (first time truck owner). I'm towing about 4000-5000 max a few times a year.

Thanks in advance because I'm sure these are noob questions but searching has not getten me much.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisw View Post

1) How much higher is the rear of a TRD DC then the front? I want to put in small spacers to level the truck out.

2) Will spacers up front affect towing at all? (first time truck owner). I'm towing about 4000-5000 max a few times a year.

Thanks in advance because I'm sure these are noob questions but searching has not getten me much.
1. Not much, but I'm sure someone will come along shortly with an exact measurement. Are you running on stock suspension all around?

2. If it matters, you'll most likely lift the front of the truck more than enough while towing that trailer to overcome whatever you're trying to correct with spacers. If you used adjustible coilovers up front, you could tune the front as you desired for towing and non-towing height.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Chrisw's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I'm looking for an exact number up front. And it's all stock susp. I'd like to keep it that way for now.

As for the towing, I will only tow a few times a year. Hardly worth that kind of effort but I just don't want the spacers to take away from the trucks 6500lb max towing.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
its something like 2-2.5 to level it out in the front. spacers wont effect the towing capability, however if you tow 5000lbs youll be pointing to the sky when towing.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
you could try measuring your front and back, and see what the difference is, I'm not exactly sure where to measure, but I would think the center of the wheel up to the fender would be a decent measure

fyi, I installed this http://www.topguncustomz.com/p-4482-...lift-kit-.aspx, on my truck, it's supposed to be a 2'' leveling kit, but the spacer is only 1'' thick, from my understanding that would give it about 1.5'' lift, and when i put it in, it was about 1 inch tall in front, so long story short, i think the back is about 1'' higher, but prob all our trucks are different based on wear and tear on the suspension parts
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
crazyasu45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
crazyasu45's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisw View Post

I just did a 3/2 lift on mine and it sits nice and level
Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Chrisw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyasu45 View Post
I just did a 3/2 lift on mine and it sits nice and level
I assume you mean 3'' in the front and 2'' in the back? I'm not looking for a lift, but some leveling. Maybe I need 1'' in the front then... Is that a 1/2'' spacer?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
yotatoy is on a distinguished road
yotatoy's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is off topic
but does anyone know if you lift the rear 1 to 1.5 in do you have to change the shocks?