Notices

Auto Max AC change

Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
murisonc is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Retired
Name: Chuck
murisonc's Tacoma Gallery
Auto Max AC change

I was wondering if there is a way to change the default behavior of the temp knob when it's rotated all the way counter clockwise. By default it activates the AC and recirculate controls. I would rather it did nothing and allow me to activate or deactivate the AC and recirculate controls manually. Any suggestions?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
I find that to be super annoying. I hope someone has a mod for that too.

I'd be willing to develope the mod if I had the FSM or wiring diagrams.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
murisonc is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Retired
Name: Chuck
murisonc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P9HST2 View Post
I find that to be super annoying.
Great to hear I'm not the only one!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
I agree that is a pain and after you crank it back you still have to turn the AC off!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
I suspect that there is a switch on the temp dial that activates a relay when it's turned all the way to far cold, wired in parallel with the Max A/C button. If that's true, just disconnect that wire and the problem is solved.

I could confirm that if I had the FSM and wiring diagrams. Hint, hint, cough... I suppose I could just open up my dash before next Summer to confirm it too.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. There is a mod for that. It's been hashed out before by the 2009' guys. Let me see where the link is.

Okay folks, I think there are two mods here.

1.) My Max AC bypass writeup
2.) Disabling the A/C-Defrost recirculation on 2009+ Taco
3.) Here is a link to the defroster logic, somewhere I can't remember where I have a link for the MAX AC circuit.

Okay. Hopefully that info helps someone.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Some Tacomas don't have it think its the 5lug
My five lug has max ac button.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Ok thanks must be a base model the truck I got mine out was an 06 single cab
I don't think it was a base/SR5 issue, I think it was a later model implementation.
My '08 5-lug does not have it.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Yes. There is a mod for that. It's been hashed out before by the 2009' guys. Let me see where the link is.

Okay folks, I think there are two mods here.

1.) My Max AC bypass writeup
2.) Disabling the A/C-Defrost recirculation on 2009+ Taco
3.) Here is a link to the defroster logic, somewhere I can't remember where I have a link for the MAX AC circuit.

Okay. Hopefully that info helps someone.
Thank you, definitely helps.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just an FYI for anyone who checked out that ac bypass writeup, for some reason all the pics dissapeared from it. I just edited it so they're back in there to help anyone out who wants to do this...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...s-writeup.html