Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what is this?

Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
DBTaco is on a distinguished road
DBTaco's Tacoma Gallery
what is this?

I had my windshield replaced today which was in the agreement when I bought the truck. There is this little black box looking thing on the drivers side at the upper corner. Kinda shaped like a oblong triangle. Its held by two sided tape looks like. Its having a hard time sticking back to the windshield. I'm hoping someone knows what it is since I don't have a picture of it. Can someone help
Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Pannell_Trd is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Pannell_Trd's Tacoma Gallery
i have no idea ?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
I had my windshield replaced today which was in the agreement when I bought the truck. There is this little black box looking thing on the drivers side at the upper corner. Kinda shaped like a oblong triangle. Its held by two sided tape looks like. Its having a hard time sticking back to the windshield. I'm hoping someone knows what it is since I don't have a picture of it. Can someone help
Do you have an aftermarket alarm? Could be a shock sensor for an alarm.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
DBTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I will try to post a picture tomorrow. I only got one key, no keyless entry but I'm going to check with a Toyota dealership to see how much one is. So I don't know if it has an alarm. The wires go down the pillar part between drivers door and windshield. I didn't know if it was something on every tacoma
Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #8
tacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaconvert is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomaconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Is it the interior side of some sort of glass mounted antenna, like the older cell phone or radio (CB, ham radio?) antennas?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #9
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
I has one, it's for my two way alarm. Check with an audio shop for a remote.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #10
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe one of those pay,ent devices, if you don't pay your car payment they shut your car off?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #11
DBTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpgillespie View Post
Maybe one of those pay,ent devices, if you don't pay your car payment they shut your car off?
Lets hope not. LOL. I looked at it this morning and it has a part number on it so I'm going to Google it online after I get off work to see if it comes up.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #13
DBTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I googled the part number 118B1128 which is the thing two sided taped to the inside of my windshield. From what I can tell its a remote start antenna. I'm not sure if its an audiovox or a code alarm brand since both use same part number. Also I don't know if its just remote start or remote start and keyless entry.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #14
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like it is some kind of aftermarket remote start, it is definitely not for the key-less entry.