Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Perfection/Duralast Clutch replacement?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
beechmon is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
beechmon's Tacoma Gallery
Perfection/Duralast Clutch replacement?

I have a 4x4 06 toyota taco extended cab.

Unfortunately burnt out my clutch with 110k miles on it.
While i'm looking for clutches, they really range in price and was wondering what people went with. I see a lot of people going with centerforce which I've seen for about $400 and change...

But when I call up a few places, Autozone just told me $99 for the clutch, clutch plate, all the barrings(except throw out) and allignor. I'm thinking this is almost too good to be true. Manufacturer is Duralast and has a 1 year warranty... Advance auto parts was at $130 for a perfection clutch.

Any Advice?

I do plan on hauling my 22 foot boat, like i have been, i'm wondering if this $99 clutch would still be able to do the work.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
bump... no one?
Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
i would go back with the OEM if it was me
Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
MrTacoma is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter
MrTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechmon View Post
I have a 4x4 06 toyota taco extended cab.

Unfortunately burnt out my clutch with 110k miles on it.
While i'm looking for clutches, they really range in price and was wondering what people went with. I see a lot of people going with centerforce which I've seen for about $400 and change...

But when I call up a few places, Autozone just told me $99 for the clutch, clutch plate, all the barrings(except throw out) and allignor. I'm thinking this is almost too good to be true. Manufacturer is Duralast and has a 1 year warranty... Advance auto parts was at $130 for a perfection clutch.

Any Advice?

I do plan on hauling my 22 foot boat, like i have been, i'm wondering if this $99 clutch would still be able to do the work.
I work part time at an autozone ..I don't have a crazy amount of knowledge on cars I'm not even going to school for it but I do know from working there duralast stuff is ussally identical to the oem parts and autozone puts there parts cheaper on purpose because they don't cost that much to make anyway and to try to prevent u from going to the competition..to be honest my opinion might be little byiest because I work for the company that makes duralast..idk what track record on duralast parts are I just do know there ussally identical to oem..it doesn't matter what parts u put it what makes is how u maintain ur vehicle and drive it
Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
yeah went with the autozone one... who can complain about less than $100 for it? now just need to find the time to install it.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Just go with an OE replacement.

You burnt your clutch out at 110k??!?!?

most people go 200k+ miles on an original clutch.

I'm at 121k on mine now without any sign of slippage. I tow stuff all the time.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
I try to use a local clutch relining company when I can...
Old 12-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
fixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud offixnfly has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
fixnfly's Tacoma Gallery
I have never had any luck with duralast parts from Autozone. I don't even buy anything from from autozone anymore. Chinese junk