Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Thule or Yakima Rack Attached to Factory Roof Rack??

Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Thule or Yakima Rack Attached to Factory Roof Rack??

Does anybody here have this setup?? Trying to see what it would look like vs just a yakima alone.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Yakima roof rack. You have to check my pictures because I am on my phone and don't know how to upload to a thread.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
I have the Yakima roof rack. You have to check my pictures because I am on my phone and don't know how to upload to a thread.
I was actually talking about mounting the rack to the factory cross bars but I like how yours is too down in the tracks. Would you mind going in to detail about how you did it?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
There is 4 holes that are plugged on each side of the truck under the roof strip thing where a factory mount goes. I just lined up the holes and drilled through the rubber and mounted the clips that the Yakima mounts to. Screwed it in and BAM!! Roof rack. I only plan to haul kayaks with it and the fact it is removable is what I like best.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
There is 4 holes that are plugged on each side of the truck under the roof strip thing where a factory mount goes. I just lined up the holes and drilled through the rubber and mounted the clips that the Yakima mounts to. Screwed it in and BAM!! Roof rack. I only plan to haul kayaks with it and the fact it is removable is what I like best.
So the yakima mounts line directly up with the factory holes??
Old 12-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #7

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
So the yakima mounts line directly up with the factory holes??

Well there is 2 holes up front for the mount. I was going to drill a hole in the mount because it was about 3/8th's off. I just screwed the bolt down tight and honestly it's pretty solid so I said F**k it and left each mount with 1 bolt. So far it has held up without any issues with and without kayaks on it and also at highway speeds.