Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2005 tacoma 2nd gen terminal frame rot rust cancer

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #41
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #42
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
That happened in 1 year ?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #43
Vstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Vstrom30's Tacoma Gallery
I think they'll take care of you They know that people talk about this kind of stuff.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #45
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #46
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Hope Toyota does the right thing for you
Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #47
Doug2000 is on a distinguished road

Doug2000's Tacoma Gallery
@Coolerman, I'm in the Toronto area, our roads get salted pretty good, I've ALWAYS oil sprayed. I won't even purchased a used vehicle that hasn't been sprayed, I go to a local franchise called Oil Guard, but my buddy insists Krown Rust Proofing is the best.

MY FRAME IS MINT, I OIL SPRAY YEARLY.

Why yearly, because from year to year, a different person does it, and I would assume some spots get missed. If I do it yearly, nothing should get missed.

Here is Canada the recall was for 95 1/2 Tacomas I recall.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #48
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for outcome
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #49
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Holy fawk!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #50
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
That's scary, def not safe to drive, hope you get a new or newer truck out of the deal. I thought Toyota bought them back if the frames were rotten? I remember reading somewhere where Toyota bought a 1st gen back from a guy that had frame rust and he got in a new truck or something.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #51
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
This is frightening! I hope they make it right!

Best wishes OP!

Keep us posted...
Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #52
Doug2000 is on a distinguished road

Doug2000's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Canada, Toyota was taking your truck in on trade that had a book value of between 10k to 12k and giving you a trade of 20k.
They wouldn't fix it, just take it on trade and crush it.

OIL YOUR TRUCKS NOW
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #53
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for outcome
Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #54
this ain't no picnic
tacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomeontherange's Tacoma Gallery
The supportive comments are appreciated, truly.

This is second generation (2005) and that's a whole new ballgame for toyota. Can we please keep comments and experiences restricted to 2nd gen vehicles? it's going to cut down on false hope and the leads that people like me will need to chase.

I agree that TMC are in a more difficult position now that we can organize better online. I am already formulating strategies for that if it comes to it.

attached are fresh photos from the dealer.

initial response communicated to me by the dealer was that the regional toyota rep basically told him I could jump in a lake.

We bought this used from the dealer (spring 2011) and the paperwork clearly states "as is with all faults", the lemon law here does not apply to used vehicles, and there is no state vehicle inspection for road worthiness here (remember that the next time you have to get inspected and be thankful that someone is looking at the bare minimum for you).

Since the dealer shop has done significant work (tires, alignment, multipoint inspections, oil & rotation) over the 20months we've had the truck we think this might be a pressure point (vis a vis negligence) in addition to the 100point inspection they claim to have done before selling it to us.

The dealer service supervisor is getting back on the line to the regional rep to press him for a solution.

Our position remains that the dealer or TMC needs to make this right, that we are not going to flush our investment in this vehicle.

I am making contact with attorneys and will begin trying to track down corrosion experts so that we are prepared if it comes to it.

stay tuned for more news
Attached Thumbnails
2005 tacoma 2nd gen terminal frame rot rust cancer-imagejpeg_2.jpg   2005 tacoma 2nd gen terminal frame rot rust cancer-imagejpeg_3.jpg   2005 tacoma 2nd gen terminal frame rot rust cancer-imagejpeg_4.jpg  
Old 12-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #55
this ain't no picnic
tacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomeontherange is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it ain't just me boys, several 05-06 frame rot stories here:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ta_tacoma.html

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/tacoma...scussions.html
Old 12-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #56
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
are you still in a dealer loaner? If so I would say they are thinking about taking some responsibility.. man, not a fun situation your in there.... did the dealer help you with financing? if so, I think you might have a case in court.. as they sold the vehical, did a 100 pt inspection, knew you wanted to keep the vehical for at least 5 years and it didnt last even 1.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #57
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone who reads this needs to get their ass under the truck if you buy a used one. OP's truck was clearly neglected.

A simple 1 minute inspection could of solved his issue.

I have no idea how people can buy used vehicles and not look at them???

At some point people need to take on some of their own responsibility.

I'm not saying this shouldn't of happened, but I can sure as hell state it will not happen to me. My frame was repainted on year one when I noticed rust and every year since then.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #58
this ain't no picnic

still in a loaner from the dealer.

we paid cash & traded in for it.

again: original owner works / worked for TMMK and the online service record shows dealer service throughout its life before it came to us. anyone know if there are TSBs related to frame and rust maintenance?
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #59
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomeontherange View Post
still in a loaner from the dealer.

we paid cash & traded in for it.

again: original owner works / worked for TMMK and the online service record shows dealer service throughout its life before it came to us.

anyone know if there are TSBs related to frame and rust maintenance?
Dealer could of recommended the frame be protected and the owner said screw it Ill just sell it. Dealer serviced doesn't mean squat especially if the seller works for them. This is the worst case scenario because the seller is in bed with the company selling it.

There are none for those specifics. There will be eventually, but sadly I doubt in time for you.

I'm sure you already know your rust warranty is past it's prime.

Products Discussed in this Thread