Notices

Looking for a 3" lift kit. 2006 DCLB SPORT

Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
BroncoDuke is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT
Name: DUKE
BroncoDuke's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a 3" lift kit. 2006 DCLB SPORT

Alright, I have read alot of different threads, but this seems to be the easiest way to figure out what might be right for me. I got a 2006 DoubleCab Longbed TRD Sport 4x4. It has got around 114K on it. I do not think it has the TSB done to it since it only has 2 thin long leafs, and one thicker short leaf. I have got 17" Tundra rims (2002-2005 split spokes) with 265 70 R17 tires. I don't want a spacer lift at all. I see everyone talking about getting Bilstein 5100s. I don't do any offroading, the only time I get offroad is to go get a dead deer. Sometimes I put my snugtop campershell on, usually during the NOV-JAN time frame because of christmas shopping and traveling to holiday events. Just want my tacoma to look alittle tougher than it already does. Also what is this stuff about the tacoma 'Lean' spacer. Anyway I trust that many on here will steer me in the right direction. Look forward to the help. Thanks Duke
Old 12-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
ExtremeCustoms505 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
ExtremeCustoms505's Tacoma Gallery

Great choice by staying away from the spacer lift, plain out horrible ride.

I have the same truck as you in a 2010 model and already made the mistake of the spacer lift. My neighbor also has the same truck and he did the ToyTec Ultimate kit on his and it rides better than stock on and off the pavement.

As for myself I will probably be doing the Toytec setup in the near future.

There are many options on the market, it will really come down to how much you have in the budget.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
tell us your budget sir, that will narrow down your options.

you can look at my build thread for what I did. its an option between 5100s and adj coilovers.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Maniac9230 has a spectacular aura aboutManiac9230 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Eric
Maniac9230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeCustoms505 View Post
Great choice by staying away from the spacer lift, plain out horrible ride.

I have the same truck as you in a 2010 model and already made the mistake of the spacer lift. My neighbor also has the same truck and he did the ToyTec Ultimate kit on his and it rides better than stock on and off the pavement.

As for myself I will probably be doing the Toytec setup in the near future.

There are many options on the market, it will really come down to how much you have in the budget.

How many inches did your friend gain? Also wondering if he replaced his upper control arms? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
thinking about staying under $1000, I don't really want to get into having to by new control arms and stuff. Again I am not an offroader, just want it looking tuff. I saw a thread posted a couple of hours after mine about the Bilstein 5100 lift. What is this TACO LEAN?
Old 12-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoDuke View Post
thinking about staying under $1000, I don't really want to get into having to by new control arms and stuff. Again I am not an offroader, just want it looking tuff. I saw a thread posted a couple of hours after mine about the Bilstein 5100 lift. What is this TACO LEAN?
Its the drivers side siting lower than the passenger side. The stock coils compensate for extra weight on the drivers side ( battery, gas tank) but when you switch to aftermarket coils a spacer is used to level the truck side to side
Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Toytec ultimate lift. Can't say anything bad about it, and it won't break the bank either. I'd recommend that one, haven't had any issues on or off road with it.

The taco lean is where the truck leans to the driver's side due to the gas tank, driver, and battery all being on the left. Mine has it, but it's not noticeable.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #9
With the OME, do you have/ need to get new Upper control arms, or have to any brake line work. Same question with the TOYTEC ultimate lift?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #10
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoDuke View Post
With the OME, do you have/ need to get new Upper control arms, or have to any brake line work. Same question with the TOYTEC ultimate lift?
Old Man Emu 885s will get you 2.5" up front without any spacers ( they include a trim packer for taco lean) and an AAL for the rear (I would reccomend a 3 leaf progresive) would keep you under a grand and give you a great ride on & off road.
I did OME 885s & the Dakar leaf pack on my 4Banger AC & got 3". Stock UCAs & break lines with no problems.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
Maniac9230 has a spectacular aura aboutManiac9230 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Eric
Maniac9230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old Man Emu 885s will get you 2.5" up front without any spacers ( they include a trim packer for taco lean) and an AAL for the rear (I would reccomend a 3 leaf progresive) would keep you under a grand and give you a great ride on & off road.
I did OME 885s & the Dakar leaf pack on my 4Banger AC & got 3". Stock UCAs & break lines with no problems.
Awesome, just the kind of info we need.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac9230 View Post
Awesome, just the kind of info we need.
You're welcome. Above specs are for his V6 DCLB (based on what OZ got). Your V6 AC would get more like 2.75" with 885s.