Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poll: Aftermarket custom flexible mudflap?

View Poll Results: Would you buy a flexible rubber custom mudflap?
Yes, and right now! 11 9.82%
Yes, if the price was right 42 37.50%
Maybe, have to see it first 45 40.18%
No, I like giving Toyota my money for lame parts 14 12.50%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Poll: Aftermarket custom flexible mudflap?

I have taken the initative to notify HuskyLiner of our plight regarding mudflaps, and they are willing to listen!
Let's get this going!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Attack Life.
mpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the rough

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
Money's a little tight right now but Hell yea, I just Lost one yesterday playing in the snow.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Could be interesting. I think mine are gone due to tire clearance. It had 18s with 285/60/18s on it. Tires actually barely touch plastic area where flaps were removed if backing out with wheel turned all the way in so these would have to be slim mount or custom mounted in front, rears would be OK. Let's see what we come up with here................
Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
would definetly be interested. My wants would be for them to be about two inches shorter than stock. and maybee lower profile that will work in the front with 33's. Just my input
Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah I would take some flexible mud flaps!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
hey notty how do you like bisbee?? were you stationed at fort huachuca?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
rachunter will become famous soon enough
rachunter's Tacoma Gallery
You guys do understand that if they are very flexible when you drive above about 40 m.p.h they will bend up againt the bottom of the truck and do no good at all.

I know this because I made a home-made set at one time and thought I did really good until all of the paint got chipped off in the area that should have been protected. One trip down the road with my wife in the truck and me in her car so I could see what was going on showed me what I explained above.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
Work in progress
khaos5407 is on a distinguished road
khaos5407's Tacoma Gallery
i tried customizing some with not great results, it would be awesome if it would be a little more low profile than stock!
Old 01-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested. I've replaced all of mine at this point but I was lucky enough to get them from a friend who took them off their truck.

Doesn't DeeZee already make a set that fit the newer Tacoma's already?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #10
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4x4ar3 View Post
I'd be interested. I've replaced all of mine at this point but I was lucky enough to get them from a friend who took them off their truck.

Doesn't DeeZee already make a set that fit the newer Tacoma's already?
nope...'semi-custom' means 'they almost fit your truck'
Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 AM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I like paying toyota for my lame stock parts...
Old 01-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #12
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Performance product sold a nice aftermarket mud flap. JAOS made them but i believe they were pricey
Old 01-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno... Removing the stock mud flaps will prevent audi driving assholes from tailgaiting me in winter when my AT tires are kicking up rocks and cinders on them.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #15
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
I dunno... Removing the stock mud flaps will prevent audi driving assholes from tailgaiting me in winter when my AT tires are kicking up rocks and cinders on them.
Yeah, unfortunately the Audi driving assholes are not the only ones recieving this neat gift from these guys, and tailgating is not necessary to be on the receiving end of anyones irresponsible behavior.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Must be in the left lane...
Old 02-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #17
OIF Vet
Liquidity is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Engineer
Liquidity's Tacoma Gallery
Any update on these flaps. Just took my fronts off my 09 DC because they scrape on the smallest curbs when i go over them
Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #18
PropJet has a spectacular aura aboutPropJet has a spectacular aura about
PropJet's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem with scraping. First time it happened I didn't know what was scraping underneath. I took the Dremel to them today, and they lost about 3.5"!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #19
40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice40204ever is just really nice

40204ever's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to 40204ever
I have given the mudflaps some thought. My dually has them because Texas has a retarded law and they will pull you over for not having them.

I have never had any problem with rocks tearing up my paint and I don't care after 4 years or so on a vehicle. I am not entering any parades.

Mudflaps protect vehicles and items behind the wheels. Going down the highway everything behind you is in the Past. I do not dwell in the past. Screw whatever is behind me. I have pulled those ugly Therston Howel the third pieces of shit off of my truck.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to see it, but if it's not stock and it's a good price and it looks good. Why not?