Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

trd sport ...trd skid plate good or bad?

Old 01-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
Addict.
xtirtzt will become famous soon enough

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xtirtzt
trd sport ...trd skid plate good or bad?

ive got a 08 trd sport and really like the way the trd skid plate looks but im debating on whether it would be a dumb thing for me to do seen as my truck is the "sport" not the "off-road"... i just would like some more opinions to help me make up my mind... pics of some other sports with the skid plate would be nice 2... thanks
Old 01-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
its really just "bling" it really wont do that much better than the stock skid
Old 01-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Addict.

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
its really just "bling" it really wont do that much better than the stock skid
i kno... i just want it for bling.. but im just wondering if it would be dumb to put it on seen as mine is the "sport" dunno?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
nah i dont think itll be dumb, they look sweet imho. i just wish they were thicker. some sports come with the skids, depends on the dealer too
Old 01-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Slimn8r is on a distinguished road
Slimn8r's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bee...id-plates.html
Old 01-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
My trucks a sport with the OEM plate.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
Addict.

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
My trucks a sport with the OEM plate.
is yours lifted... if so how much and what method did you use.. bilstein 5100's... spacers etc. ?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtirtzt View Post
is yours lifted... if so how much and what method did you use.. bilstein 5100's... spacers etc. ?
Just look under my profile. It will tell you everything!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Just look under my profile. It will tell you everything!

Question. How did you do that TRD on your skid plate? Stencil? Sock Monkey Decal? Steady hand lots of time and 30 bottles of whiteout?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Question. How did you do that TRD on your skid plate? Stencil? Sock Monkey Decal? Steady hand lots of time and 30 bottles of whiteout?
It is actually a decal.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
I don't think it would look better in radiant red, BSP for sure though, lol.

I have the skid plate as well, and it looks nice, I wouldn't say it would do to much good since it is kinda thin, but lucky for me its usually sand i am hitting anyway, lol.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigFLA View Post
That is one sharp looking truck...now if only it was radiant red...j/k..lol...
Haha! Naw, I like my black and white theme better!!! If I got red, then it would look to much like my fire engines!!! Let's leave that at work!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #16
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
you can always just take the black one that comes on the sport, and give it some bling...
Attached Thumbnails
trd sport ...trd skid plate good or bad?-27.jpg   trd sport ...trd skid plate good or bad?-26.jpg  
Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
you can always just take the black one that comes on the sport, and give it some bling...
yeah...the stock one is worthless for actually needing it, but dressed up its not too bad
Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #18
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
mine suffered a beating today. now it hangs low. anyone else eff up this skid?