1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight Adjustment

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FARNORCAL, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dec 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    FARNORCAL

FARNORCAL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma4x4 DC LB Silver TRD Sport
    SEE BUILD
    Finally adjusted my headlights to make it safe for myself and other drivers :D I highly recommend others to do so as well it really does make a difference and it'll make you feel a little better. We'll see if this helps. I've been flashed now and then from oncoming driver and guilt finally set in. The task was really easy only took 20 min or so.

Park 20ft from a wall measure the height of the center of your headlight subtract 2" I had 42" for my final measurement. Place a piece of blue tape on the wall. Mark the wheel adjustment with a black marker to see how many turns you end up with. You'll wanna have a full tank of gas from what the manufacture claims. I recommend unplugging the light you aren't working on so it easier to dial them in. I ended up with 1 1/2 full turns on the driver and 1 full turn on the passenger. You would think that they should be the same for both passenger and driver but that wasn't my case. Wasn't to sure why. I was on level ground no incline or decline. Hope this helps others. I'm sure others may chime in with a diagram of where to find the wheel adjustment.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...ght-aiming.pdf

Products Discussed in

To Top