1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 VSC Option(Help)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JMike, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Jan 29, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    JMike

JMike [OP] Member

Member:
    I am new to the forum and I would like to say hello to everyone out there. Been looking around this forum for a few days and I must say that this is the place to go for anything tacoma that one needs to know!

I bought my first TOYOTA TACOMA about a month ago. It is a 2009 Double Cab PreRunner SR5. I must say that it is a really GREAT truck!!

My question to you guys is that I really would like to know about the VSC option. When I push in the button it show on my dash as OFF. Do I want it to show on my dash as off or do I continue to drive with no symbol on my dash?? Can someone PLEASE explain to me if I have been driving with this option the right way or the wrong way. Also when do I want it to show up on my dash?? I read in the book if I am in a ditch or etc... I should use it. I would think if I have no lights on my dash everything must be O.K.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

2. Jan 30, 2009 at 4:45 AM
    JMike

JMike [OP] Member

Member:
    Anybody???

3. Jan 30, 2009 at 6:08 AM
    STLTaco09

STLTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    5100's all around, fronts at 1.75". TSB leaf pack + Toytec TSB AAL
    Not sure about yours for sure, but on my TRD Sport the button on the dash turns the VSC off and turns the Auto LSD on. If you hold it down, it turns the VSC off and also turns the Auto LSD off - basically making it an open diff.

For normal driving, assuming you want the VSC on, then you leave the button alone when you start up the truck.

4. Jan 30, 2009 at 6:18 AM
    JMike

JMike [OP] Member

Member:
    When I press the button I get the the truck with the lines behind it on my dash! My question is do I want to see that on my dash for normal driving?

5. Jan 30, 2009 at 6:20 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    For normal driving you should not see any lights for Auto LSD or any of that stuff on. When you start the truck up there should not be any lights on pertaining to these functions.

6. Jan 30, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    JMike

JMike [OP] Member

Member:
    SO when would I see that light come on and why would I press the button to see the truck with the lines behind it saying OFF?

7. Jan 30, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    mrkent

mrkent Member

Member:
    Ponoka, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma TRD doublecab
    AFE intake, TRD exhaust, leveling kit, BFGoodrich A/T KO tires, DVD stereow/kicker subs, TRD skid plate, black billet grille
    The light will flash when the system is engaging, ie when the tires spin or the truck slides and the stability control engages. If you do any kind of off roading, or get yourself into a positon where wheelspin will improve your position (rocking it back and forth to get unstuck), that is when you can disable those functions with the button on the dash.

Lights off=systems engaged.

8. Jan 30, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    JMike

JMike [OP] Member

Member:
    So from what I understand I want to do everyday driving with the systems engaged?

Thanks

9. Feb 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    JMike

JMike [OP] Member

Member:
    Does any one ever turn the VSC off?

10. Feb 2, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    all vsc does is reduce the amount of power going to a wheel when it spins. So yes you want vsc on during normal driving. When the little box with the truck and the lines behind it means that the truck has sensed the tires slipping. You can stop ur car on an incline and let it roll back alittle and u will see the system activate. Thats all VSC is. When u push the button you should see AUTO LSD illuminate in red and see that same little picture of the truck. This is turning the VSC off. and than if you press it again everything should go out and you will turn VSC back on. if you press and hold the button you can turn VSC off and LSD off and have the open diff. Press the button again and it turns VSC back on. Make sense?

Products Discussed in

To Top