1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fj 6 spoke wheel 265, 275, 285

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TAC1, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Dec 18, 2012 at 7:07 AM
    TAC1

TAC1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tac1
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB O/R 4WD
    Hello Forum,

I currently have 265/75r16 BFG A/T's on the stock 16x7 steel 5 spoke wheels with the chrome wheel skins over them. I also have 5100's front/rear with the front at .85 and wheelers 3-leaf AAL. I am looking to buy the 17" aluminum 6 spoke FJ wheels. I have some questions:

1) From what I have read my current wheel specs have a 30mm offset, 5.5 backspace & 7"'s width. The FJ's have a 15mm off set, 4.75 backspace, & 7.5"'s width. From my inferior math skills I calculate that the FJ's will stick out about 1" more than my 16" steelies do now. Is this correct?

2) I know that the 265/70r17 matches the diameter of my 16's now. I would like to run 275's but I have 2 concerns: will the front tires rub & will I overwork the truck with such a big tire compared to the factory 265/70r16 it came with? Are 285's out of the question?

I honestly did not notice any difference when I put the 265/75's and I don't feel that I lost any torque. I pull my dad-in-laws 4600lb boat out of the ramp and on the highway with little effort. I assume it's the combo of the 3.73's & the torque of our 4.0's. PLUS THE BFG A/T's. EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT! I run 30PSI on them & if I floor the pedal from a complete stop they barely squeal!

If anyone went from the stock 16's to the 17" FJ's I would appreciate some feedback. I also would appreciate any & all feedback otherwise.

BTW, my wheels & (10 month old BFG's in February) will go for sale in February or March so I'll post them up for sale in the appropriate section then of the Forum.

Also, any before and after pics would be great!

Thank you for your time :)

Products Discussed in

To Top